Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2020, 13:27   #1

Beeping Inverter?

I have a new inverter (1500 watt Cobra) and 4 recent golf cart batteries as my house bank plus 2 1000 watt solar panels. I understand that an inverter will beep when a load is beyond its capacity or if the bank’s charge is too depleted- but - the only load I’m using is a laptop charger and phone charger and 13 watt lamp ... and still it beeps, intermittently then constantly, regardless of my voltmeter telling me the bank is well charged. Any ideas as to why?
Chris Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 13:54   #2

Boat: Jeanneau SO 34.2
Re: Beeping Inverter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kelly View Post
I have a new inverter (1500 watt Cobra) and 4 recent golf cart batteries as my house bank plus 2 1000 watt solar panels. I understand that an inverter will beep when a load is beyond its capacity or if the bank’s charge is too depleted- but - the only load I’m using is a laptop charger and phone charger and 13 watt lamp ... and still it beeps, intermittently then constantly, regardless of my voltmeter telling me the bank is well charged. Any ideas as to why?
Ours (Xantrex) would get too warm from engine room heat (before we installed a blower fan). Even just switched on with no load it would throw a temp alarm intermittently. Does yours have adequate ventilation?
steffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 14:21   #3

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

Check the cabling by measuring input DC voltage at the inverter when it's beeping. You might have a bad electrical connection.
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 14:23   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffan View Post
Ours (Xantrex) would get too warm from engine room heat (before we installed a blower fan). Even just switched on with no load it would throw a temp alarm intermittently. Does yours have adequate ventilation?
Thanks for this. It could be ventilation.
Chris Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter