Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2021, 07:36   #91

Re: Anyone dreaming about living on a cruise ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captlloyd View Post
It was a legitimate question, you have nothing to apologize for. As someone said, it hit a raw nerve in SOME people, I don’t know why. I apologize to you for some of the rude replies which were unnecessary. Hope you’ll continue with us.

This ^^^.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:45   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
1. Cruise ships are counter to how almost everyone on this forum wants to live.

2. Efficient?!?! In what regard? Burning tons of heavy fuel for opulence? Transporting concentrated trash or sewage to various ports? Living in a petting dish?

Will Freudian psychoanalysis be provided?
Tillikum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:55   #93

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillikum View Post
Will Freudian psychoanalysis be provided? [emoji3]
I did a trip on the QE2 in my youth, and did in fact pet some nice dishes. [emoji6]
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:07   #94

Boat: crawling back aboard: getting over long vax/covid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
We did it a few years back...really quite easy...even for women.

Of course, it was fully crewed.

Egypt is a very cool country to visit but not one we care to do on our own. Of course, it's also a cheap country so quite reasonable to have paid folks looking after you.
oh, i'd love to sail a felucca again, but not in Egypt. being female and being on my own and being of nordic descent, this was the hard part...
Old 07-06-2021, 12:24   #95

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgal View Post
oh, i'd love to sail a felucca again, but not in Egypt. being female and being on my own and being of nordic descent, this was the hard part...
So you single handed?

Thats pretty "ballsy" for a girl !!! [emoji6]
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:26   #96

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillikum View Post
Will Freudian psychoanalysis be provided?

I was wondering how long it would be before my autocorrect goldmine would be noticed.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 19:20   #97

Boat: Spindrift 43

OP, don’t interpret the response as hate toward YOU; rather think of it as a dream not popularly shared by sailboat cruisers... and it comes at a time when we’re all crankier than usual.

If you look at the active topics, you’ll find the usual favorite sparring grounds conspicuously absent. There are no active “best anchor type” debates, no “mono vs multihull” discussions, there are no absolute beginners posting their exploits in multi-year-long threads from grossly unseaworthy vessels while attempting to navigate the southern ocean for 1000 days, no one is endangering their young family on the Pacific Ocean in need of rescue on questionably maintained boats (after slagging others off here for doing the exact same thing), and even the Covid stuff is dying down to a low roar (which is particularly distressing because many have really honed our forum debate skills on that chestnut)

We have yachting caps and cruise ships. If anything, (yachting?) hats off to you for sparking a fun, multi-page discussion!

I’ll say that while this propagating a pretty lively discussion here, if you want to discuss among a truly open-minded crowd , take this topic over to sailing anarchy, drag the JiffyPop popper out of mothballs, and enjoy!
Creedence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2021, 22:05   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedence View Post
OP, don’t interpret the response as hate toward YOU; rather think of it as a dream not popularly shared by sailboat cruisers... and it comes at a time when we’re all crankier than usual.

If you look at the active topics, you’ll find the usual favorite sparring grounds conspicuously absent. There are no active “best anchor type” debates, no “mono vs multihull” discussions, there are no absolute beginners posting their exploits in multi-year-long threads from grossly unseaworthy vessels while attempting to navigate the southern ocean for 1000 days, no one is endangering their young family on the Pacific Ocean in need of rescue on questionably maintained boats (after slagging others off here for doing the exact same thing), and even the Covid stuff is dying down to a low roar (which is particularly distressing because many have really honed our forum debate skills on that chestnut)

We have yachting caps and cruise ships. If anything, (yachting?) hats off to you for sparking a fun, multi-page discussion!

I’ll say that while this propagating a pretty lively discussion here, if you want to discuss among a truly open-minded crowd , take this topic over to sailing anarchy, drag the JiffyPop popper out of mothballs, and enjoy!
Thanks! I'm sorry this reply took too long. I was too scared to look at the comments cause I am scared of possible backlashes. Thank you! And thank to everyone who made me feel welcome here!
CruiseWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 14:44   #99

Boat: hunter 27, hunter 41

This sounds very interesting to me, Fantasy Island anyone. very cool. Biggest drawback is the germs. You can airbnb when your not aboard. I love this.
dakno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 15:09   #100

Here is the rate structure for the Life Learner program of UVA’s Semester at Sea cruise.
https://www.semesteratsea.org/lifelo...er/rates/#Full
Laxlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruise ship