Boat: boatless currently
Re: The Sellers Broker (May I say?) Sucks

Congrats on the new boat!
Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2021, 08:44   #77

Boat: Amel 41
Send a message via Yahoo to lo2jones

Harsh words for brokers: Generalizations can be dangerous and misleading. I’m not trying to vouch for the industry as a whole. Every good broker knows a few bad ones. The folks I work with and do deals with are all good people with lots of return customers. Whether we are representing a seller, a buyer or both, we take our fiduciary duties seriously. That means refraining from favoring ones self over the clients best interest. Some of us, myself included, stay in the business because we like bringing people together, helping them find common ground. And many of us know what goes into satisfying boat ownership, and try to guide customers there. Yes, corruption exists, but lots of times, its incompetence, laziness.
lo2jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2021, 08:57   #78

Boat: IN Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by lo2jones View Post
Harsh words for brokers: Generalizations can be dangerous and misleading. I’m not trying to vouch for the industry as a whole. Every good broker knows a few bad ones. The folks I work with and do deals with are all good people with lots of return customers. Whether we are representing a seller, a buyer or both, we take our fiduciary duties seriously. That means refraining from favoring ones self over the clients best interest. Some of us, myself included, stay in the business because we like bringing people together, helping them find common ground. And many of us know what goes into satisfying boat ownership, and try to guide customers there. Yes, corruption exists, but lots of times, its incompetence, laziness.
I believe this to be the case. Simply put the broker made it clear that it was not a fancy yacht and it was all a waste of his time. Not exactly his words, but a combination of things led to me believing this.
Interesting as I realize his commission was low, but selling an otherwise difficult to sell boat should have been the motivation to get him to get it out of his hair.
I am guessing it is not his problem to sell. It sits or it doesn't. He really doesn't care either way.
Unless the commission motivates him.........................
LostDog88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broker