Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:19   #76

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Re: The Black Swan

Seems to me central bankers and political leaders are just kicking the can down the road, hoping for a miracle. I'm not sure very many understand the situation at all.

Be calm. Sovereign Debt is all sound. There are no black swans near Bagdad, I mean Washington, or Berlin, or Rome, or ...

Old 01-12-2011, 13:33   #77

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

IMO the world is going through a transition of industrial powers, just look at history. Between WWII and about 1980 the USA was the industrial power of the world. Before that it was spread out among the USA , Germany, Russia, GB, France and some other small Europe countries. Everything was fairly stable, money wise.

Now the industrial power has switched to China and other small parts of Asia due to the cheap labor and weather conditions. I say weather conditions b/c in most parts of Asia oil products are not needed to heat homes. And public transportation is already established w/o the cost of emissions, which is changing a slowly, unlike in first world countries where the governments pounce on the auto makers at every whim.

I built an electric car as a teen (1963-69) using a starter motor and car battery. It didn't last long but was fun while it lasted. And now today the elect. car is going to dominate pretty quickly. These should have been pursued long ago.

Population growth has another wrench in the gears. It has skyrocketed in the past 100 years and continues. I feel, soon, one is going to have to get a license to have children. Over population, I seen coming while in my 20's and decided to opt out by not having any myself. I did not want my children to live in a world as it is today.

Removing gold and silver from currency was the start of the downfall. This gave the big money people control over the public. One word from a bank and the paper is useless. I seen this in Vietnam during the conflict. The US made MPC/AMC (military/allied payment certificates) to spend while out and about in the cities. US cash was illegal and only black marketed. Military Payment Certificate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One morning you would get up and there would be an announcement to exchange your MPC for the new series, leaving all the people outside the military bases holding useless garbage. And that's what can happen to us in a heart beat, using paper money. Not so with gold or silver coins. But it keeps getting jacked up by the money people, the poor get poorer and the wealthy hoard the stuff. And I feel the same is being done with oil. One question I have is at what cost can you sell gold and silver if only the wealth can afford to buy it back. It's a losing system. That's why you see all the ads for the stuff now, one has to pay premium price to feel secure.

One use to be able to invest in property and come out reasonably well. But not now. The banks screwed that up by giving out loans to questionable people. And then foreclosures bit them in the ass. So then government gets involved using public monies.

A snowball headed for hell. $o the young better wi$e up or it's ju$t going to get wor$e. Not being negative, just an observation.
Old 01-12-2011, 14:31   #78

Any predictions for Doomsday????
Noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 14:35   #79

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaduction View Post
Any predictions for Doomsday????
Everyone has their own doomsday!