Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2009, 16:10   #1

Send a message via AIM to davidcole
I'm Looking for a Boat

Hello,
my name is david. im twenty years old and i am new to the boating world. however i have had some resent interests in restoring a boat. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a good deal on a boat. something that needs a bit of work.
davidcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 17:23   #2

Boat: Island Packet 31 (35'), Black Squirrel
Welcome
it would help if you provide a few more details. For example, you budget, for both purchase and repairs. Where you are located. Where you see your skills with woodworking and fiberglass work. What type of boats do you like? What is the goal?

Thank you

Kefaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 08:18   #3

Boat: 1979 LIDO 14 - Miss Daisy
I agree with kefaa. But I just started sailing as well. I'm 24 and I found my boat, a 1979 LIDO 14 on craigslist. It was in terrible shape but I have a member of the family who knows a lot about boats and is showing me how to fix it. It definately helps to know someone and ask questions when you are first starting.
Azura Solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 09:57   #4

Boat: a sailing boat
If you want to restore something, go to the nearest marinas and ask the managers - you might be lucky and actually get a boat for free - as long as you promise to take her away from their plot.

If you are good at searching the Internet I remember about a year ago I stumbled upon a site where there were give away boats - by owners who could not or did not want them anymore. I believe with some skill and asking around you may find this website again.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote