Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2011, 11:14   #1

Boat: Invicta 26
Boat Agency in Blackpool

Hy,

I am from italy and i am buying a boat (26') in Blackpool uk.
I am looking for an agency to do the paperwork and the SSR part III transfer.

Do you know one?

Thanks
RUGGERO
rboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 11:33   #2
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Boat Agency in Blackpool

If you are not a UK Resident (i.e. not living in the UK) you can't have an SSR registration (being Italian is OK ).

If you are living in the UK (or can come up with a UK address ) then the transfer is a simple form that can be downloaded from the MCA website. I think it costs something like £50.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 12:46   #3

I know that part. But also reading web forums i understand that often an agency can "resolve" this burocratic part...

RUGGERO
Old 30-08-2011, 13:26   #4
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboom View Post
I know that part. But also reading web forums i understand that often an agency can "resolve" this burocratic part...

RUGGERO
Not legally they can't (SSR / Part 3). But I am sure plenty will take your money nonetheless..............

You could of course Register her Part 1 - into a UK registered company, but that costs money to set up and then maintain, plus the cost of a formal survey to measure her (nothing to do with a condition survey)......and for a low value boat not really worth the cost / aggro.

The good news is that a UK based boat does not need any registration (and an SSR is not proof of ownership / title - in the UK there is no 100% definative proof .......so no SSR does not prevent the purchase)......However if you go abroad (from the UK) you will need the boat to be registered somewhere (Foreigners seem to be funny like that ).

I am guessing Italian Registry would present problems to you...........
Old 30-08-2011, 23:06   #5

Hy,
Obviously Part 1 is too much... also obviously (if you are italian) avoid italian registry if possible... and after all i will keep it in UK (may be i will join it in uk!) so SSR part III.

A last question, you look like an expert on this, i can unregister it and after with easy riregister it. For riregistering are required the same papers of a transfer, is that correct?

Thanks
RUGGERO
Old 31-08-2011, 02:07   #6
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboom View Post
Hy,
Obviously Part 1 is too much... also obviously (if you are italian) avoid italian registry if possible... and after all i will keep it in UK (may be i will join it in uk!) so SSR part III - not sure where you get that from if YOU are not living in the UK you can't have SSR part III (but you can de-list it easily enough, or it will just expire in time).

A last question, you look like an expert on this, i can unregister it and after with easy riregister it. For riregistering are required the same papers of a transfer, is that correct? Basically yes, in addition to whatever Form the MCA have, a Bill of Sale would be the usual document accepted by the Registrar as proof of change of Title (it is signed by both Sellor and Buyer), a sale agreement would also be nice to have in your files, as well as maybe for completing the transaction.

Thanks
RUGGERO
If I was claiming to be an "expert" I would have billed you - up front ......appreciate that English not your mother tongue, but really you do need to have a look at the MCA website and get the info direct / see the actual forms, all very short (for a Govt Website it is very informative and simple to understand).