Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2014, 12:48   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
Black Friday Deals?

After fighting it on which should I say "Mayday" or"Pan Pan", I thought I should get a well needed rest and shop the Black Friday sales. But then it occurred to me- I have never seen a sailing shop have black friday deals. Anyone know of any? Online is fine, just cheaper stuff would be nice
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 13:35   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Re: Black Friday Deals?

I've found after Christmas through early Spring to be the better season to get deep discounts on boat stuff. There are a couple of bright spots.

West Marine will have the Garmin 741xs for $899 which is a great deal considering people were saying $1099 was a really good price a few months ago and it's only early-middle of what has been the typical Garmin product lifecycle.

As mentioned in another thread, Milltech Marine has the Vesper XB-8000 and a few other AIS units deeply discounted all week.

Those are probably the two best deals I've found so far although I probably won't jump on either, as tempting as they are.

I'm hoping Sailrite shows us a little love this holiday season as I need to replace all the zippers in my bimini and make tabs for mounting flexible solar panels. The little bits and pieces add up. I might go in for a hot knife too if the price was right.
4arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 17:02   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

I got one of their hot knives (Sailrite) on sale. Very impressed with it so far. Good tool that I use all over.
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 17:11   #4

Boat: catalina 400 MKII

West Marine is having 15% off on Thanksgiving. If I can, I'll stop by for some stuff I was planning to buy anyway.
scotty c-m is offline   Reply With Quote