Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 21:43   #16

Re: Advice on buying in Marmaris Turkey: reccomendations for marine surveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va2shp View Post
I had the service of Haluk Soygur for a survey of my own boat and was very happy, I would recommend him anytime.
You arentthe first to recommend halek.. thanks for the recommendation

Greg and Leanne
Artzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 21:44   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
PM one of our members who's based in Turkey.. Yeyola is his CF handle and he is a catamaran owner and pretty knowledgeable where local services and other things are concerned.
Thanks we will do that

Greg and Leanne
Old 08-12-2017, 01:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdown516 View Post
I do know of a good surveyor in Turkey. The company name is Marine Solutions. The surveyors names are Capt. Naci Arici and Mr. Yusuf Civelekoglu. The have experience surveying Lagoons. I can probably find their telephone number if you like. In May of 2017, I looked at a 2012 Lagoon 400 named Defnoska(Turkish registered, formerly US registry as Maya)located in Karacasogut. I had them conduct a sea trial and surveyor. They were very thorough and took 2 days to complete. I witnessed the survey and they would point out issues and good things. The written report was also very thorough.

In the end, the boat needed about 30000 Euros worth of work to be seaworthy enough to cross the Atlantic, our goal. The owner would not negotiate so we did not purchase her.
The company was Portofino and the broker was Tevhit Kural. They were very helpful and Tevhit, Portofinos owner and Defnoskas owner were all present for the survey. Tevhit spoke good English, the Portofino owner did not speak English and Tevhit translated. They answered all my questions about documentation, etc however since I did not continue with the purchase, I do not know if the transaction would have gone well.

Marmaris is known for good quality workmanship with regard to repairs and other marine work. In live in the US but had I been able to witness the repairs, I might have purchased Defnoskas without price compensations.

If you have any other questions about my experience, I'll try to answer them.
I am going to pm you if you don't mind diverdown. It seems this is the same boat, I just found out the name .. Defnoska. Think i tried to pm you before but it didn't go thru

Would like to discuss what the 30000 euros had to be spent on..

Will pm you

Greg and Leanne
Old 08-12-2017, 05:13   #19
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artzoo View Post
I am going to pm you if you don't mind diverdown. It seems this is the same boat, I just found out the name .. Defnoska. Think i tried to pm you before but it didn't go thru

Would like to discuss what the 30000 euros had to be spent on..

Will pm you

Greg and Leanne
30.000 € to make the boat seaworthy is a lot of money.. Assuming that a 10 years old L 40 would be worth 150-160.000 €, this makes 30% of total value of the boat..
I wonder what was it and how a surveyor came to this conclusion..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 18:45   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
30.000 € to make the boat seaworthy is a lot of money.. Assuming that a 10 years old L 40 would be worth 150-160.000 €, this makes 30% of total value of the boat..
I wonder what was it and how a surveyor came to this conclusion..

Cheers

Yeloya
Thank you for your advice Yeloya, I have been meaning to PM you as you have been highly recommended as knowledgeable on all things in Turkey.

The boat is listed with Portofino Yachting and is lying in Marmaris.

We would appreciate any reccomendations on Marine surveyors to use and advice on lawyers to use locally in the sale and transfer of papers

We are also looking forward to perhaps meeting up with you sometime when we are in Marmaris.

Kindest regards
Greg and Leanne
Old 08-12-2017, 18:47   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipMark View Post
We bought our boat in Marmaris, and used a very capable, personable, thorough and honest licensed marine surveyer:

Haluk Soygur
Naval Architect and Accredited Marine Surveyor, SAMS-US, MIIMS-UK, IMCI-CE inspector

ems@ems-marinesurvey.com

East Med.MArine Survey offers a wide variety of marine survey and consltancy services for small craft such as vessel condition and evaluation surveys insurance surveys underwater surveys,osmosis evaluation and thickness measurement,damage surveys on

Ours was a monohull, but I suspect he is also knowledgable about catamarans.
Thanks Mark

Tags
buying, marine, men, survey, surveyor, Turkey