Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2004, 13:44   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
From the newsdesk

In the News:

Turnout up 7 percent at Chicago show:
Attendance at the Chicago Boat, RV & Outdoors Show, which ended a five-day run Sunday, was up 7 percent over 2003 figures, according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association, which produces the show.

NMMA says the increase came despite icy road conditions and 5 inches of snow on Friday and Saturday. The organization says reports from dealers indicated sales were strong.

Universe Ends As God Wakes Up Next To Suzanne Pleshette:
The 15-billion-year-old universe came to a surprise-twist end Friday, when God woke up next to actress Suzanne Pleshette. "What a crazy dream I just had," God said to Pleshette at the conclusion of the popular, long-running universe. "I was the Creator of all things, I had this crazy Son who was always getting arrested and wouldn't get a haircut, and My children were always hurting and killing each other in My name." Pleshette reassured God that He had imagined the whole thing and urged the beleaguered, well-intentioned deity to go back to sleep.

Florida marina complex up for sale:
The Sailfish Marina and Resort in Palm Beach Shores, Fla., is up for sale.

The marina’s principal, Josh Murray, confirmed Tuesday that Rockwood Realty has been retained to find a buyer or joint venture partner, according to a report in this morning’s Palm Beach Post.

The move comes after months of offers from potential buyers who wanted to snap up the marina’s prime 4 acres along the Intracoastal Waterway on SingerIsland, which the newspaper says includes 724 feet along the water.

“Anybody who wants to buy it is invited to give us an offer,” Murray was quoted as saying.

During the past 17 years, the Post reports, Sailfish Marina and Resort has grown to include two restaurants, guest quarters and a 90-slip marina, in addition to Island Boat Rentals and the Palm Beach Water Taxi, which ferried people up and down the ICW.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote