Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > The Library
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 16:00   #16

Boat: 55' Romsdal
Re: Books on astral travel, OBE and life after life

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Whenever I forget how to tie the square knot, I do the hypnotic regression thing on myself. Too bad it turns out I did not know how to tie it in my earlier lives either.

b.
That's pretty good......
Old 06-11-2013, 03:03   #17
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Since the universe and everything in it suddenly appeared from the action of something outside time and space 13.8 bn years ago,
Or from the scientific side you could try Lawrence Krauss or Stephen Hawking for details of how an outside action is not required, it could have done it all on its own. Much more interesting IMHO.
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by conachair View Post
Or from the scientific side you could try Lawrence Krauss or Stephen Hawking for details of how an outside action is not required, it could have done it all on its own. Much more interesting IMHO.
Yes, I did read both Krauss and Hawking. Very interesting, but IMHO, while putting together very strong and advanced scientific theories, they bith are missing something essential... Like a tiny spoon of salt in otherwise well done soup. Or, in some cases, even salt is there, but no fire to cook it all into a finished dish. I realize, that I am mystic by nature, and as such may have a particular requirements for "completeness" of idea. I am definitely not religious fanatic, quite opposite, though not atheist either. But science in too pure isolated form, however strong, will remain sterile theory.
Fidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:37   #19

Quote:
They often call this element, missing in pure science, GOD. Though, I personally do not like using this word, as it diminishes tremendously the essence of Creator. I prefer terms SOURCE FIELD.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30   #20
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidar View Post
Yes, I did read both Krauss and Hawking. Very interesting, but IMHO, while putting together very strong and advanced scientific theories, they bith are missing something essential... Like a tiny spoon of salt in otherwise well done soup. Or, in some cases, even salt is there, but no fire to cook it all into a finished dish. I realize, that I am mystic by nature, and as such may have a particular requirements for "completeness" of idea. I am definitely not religious fanatic, quite opposite, though not atheist either. But science in too pure isolated form, however strong, will remain sterile theory.
Well no one knows anything for sure beyond the big bang, so we can (and do ) have as many creation myths as we like

Sterile theory for some is a vibrant dynamic fascinating world of possibilities for others
conachair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 14:39   #21

Quote:
Yes, well, once they come up with an explanation for where the laws of physics come from that produce a fine tuned universe, they'll really be onto something.

John Lennox from Oxford says it better than I can.

Stephen Hawking is wrong. You can't explain the universe without God | Mail Online
Old 06-11-2013, 18:36   #22

Smile Re: Books on astral travel, OBE and life after life

I was a professional artist before I became a professional designer and engineer. Often in galleries, while looking at a particular great painting of a trully great artist, say, Rembrandt or Velsquez or Leonardo Da Vinci, as a scholar of art I was tracing strokes and shades and lights and such... But at some point I would always realize that making great masterpiece by following all theoretically perfect tricks and skills is simply impossible. You cannot trick a trained eye and especially sensitive heart with calculated and perfectly constructed elements only. Masterpiece would always posess something else, something that does not have words for it... Same with ballet or other inspirational arts, performances and creations... And what about wonderful sunsets on water? As sailors many members here may testify how often they were mezmerized by views of elements from the deck of their boats. Can someone calculate what makes that beauty? There is always something that only sensitive heart can feel and only feel, without giving any wordly covers to it. As soon as you try to use eartly terms to describe what heart feels, something is imediately lost. "Word, when spoken becomes a lie!"
Old 06-11-2013, 18:54   #23

Boat: Maine Cat 30
I found The Holographic Universe, authored by Talbot (I think) to be fascinating Also Life Before Life, written on case studies compiled at the University of Virginia Med School is very interesting.
Old 06-11-2013, 20:14   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12BCruzn View Post
I found The Holographic Universe, authored by Talbot (I think) to be fascinating Also Life Before Life, written on case studies compiled at the University of Virginia Med School is very interesting.
The U of VA is doing a lot of research in the parameters of consciousness. Evidence of its persistence and how consciousness can come from unconsciousness are worth studying, and hardly explainable by theorizing that the laws of physics can create spacetime and life itself.