Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2018, 06:31   #61

Boat: Custom designed and build 52'
Re: Stainless or Galvanized Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
If price wasn't a consideration, and you were simply trying to find the best-practice/most reliable ground tackle option for a boat that will spent a majority of it's time on the hook - would you consider this solution?
I would have serious doubts as ss is prone to fatigue, which is an invisible monster. I'm not at all familiar with the SS318L grade, and it might be better thatn the other stainless sorts. But I would probably only feel comfy with it if the strength is rediculously oversized so that i KNOW that fatigue is not an option, but that does add a lot of weight and volume in the cianlocker (and cost ).
So short answer: probably not.

Tags
anchor