Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 12:15   #1

Boat: Bristol 41.1
Solar rail light

I wanted to share the positive experience I have had with the solar rail lights sold by Simply Brilliant, specifically this device:

RailLight Premium Solar Powered LED Light | Sollight

While I have been pleased with its overall performance, I noticed that one of the mounting components was beginning to fail. I e-mailed the company to enquire about replacement parts. When I checked later on for a response, to my surprise, I noted that they had provided a tracking number for the already shipped part, as well as a photo and advice on installing the new part.

All at no cost to me, request for receipts, etc. I thought this was admirable in these days of minimal customer support.

As to my experience with these lights, I have been quite impressed. The light output seems to be superior to the "Big Box" comparable (though lower priced) lights, the battery easily stores enough power to last all night without dimming, and other than some light surface rust beneath the bracket, they appear nearly as new.

No connection with the company other than a satisfied customer.
redsky49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:33   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Solar rail light

Good to hear a positive review.
kind regards,
Old 12-10-2013, 22:09   #3

Re: Solar rail light

I have also had good results with my Sollights, they are well built and bright compared to other products I evaluated. A side note; I found some of the postings on this subject amusing, especially those who purchase the garden type lights to save money, while claiming they purchase these to keep their boat safe. They have many thousands invested in a boat and travel expenses, and then duck tape garden lights to their railings to save a few bucks. One has to question on what other safety items do they skimp on.
virga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar