OK, Here it is, the long awaited product review forum. Here are the guidelines. Please review completely before posting
. Remember, this is for product and service reviews
, both positive AND negative.
A review is a critical evaluation of a product or service
- itís not a bellicose rant!
One of the best sources of information about a marine
product or service can be a well-written review, by an actual long-term user.
However, to be truly useful, a review must not just be a long version of "I loved it", or "I think itís a pile of junk!". It must be a fair, well thought out, in-depth descriptive discussion of what the product is, its intended uses, and how well it works on the tasks it was designed for. Every review should answer these questions:
* What does the product promise?
* How well does it achieve those goals?
* Is it a good value?
We encourage open, honest and respectful communication and exchange of information and opinion between all of our members; and reserve the right to delete or edit any reviews
or other postings that are not, in our sole discretion, in the spirit of these basic values.
* No insults or personal attacks
* No profanity, obscene or inflammatory language
* Debate - yes! Arguments or "flame wars" - no!
* Do not post a product review unless you own or have used the product or service
* Reviews of customer service are acceptable, but no discussions may be posted relating to business dealings between individuals, or the quality of products exchanged between individuals.
* To ensure high quality, useful reviews, please explain in detail your experience with the product or service. What did you like or dislike about the product and why?
* Outrageous or suspicious reviews may be verified by email
* Employees of manufacturers (and their relatives) are not allowed to post reviews for their company's products or for competitors' products but may respond to concerns relating to their products in this forum.
* Threads must include an email
or other contact info for the vendor, or manufacturer being reviewed so that we may contact that vendor or manufacturer and provide them an opportunity to respond.