Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2015, 13:20   #31
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Powdered Alcohol

I know this talented bioengineer who did some incredible genetic modifications and produced pigs with wings. He was SO proud when he showed them to me until I asked him "But what's the point?"

I have that same deer-in-the-headlights feeling about palcohol. OK, a box of powder can't leak. So? Neither does a good bottle, properly stowed. WTF do I need more additives and whatever else is in the powder for?

I just don't get it.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 07:43   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
I know this talented bioengineer who did some incredible genetic modifications and produced pigs with wings. He was SO proud when he showed them to me until I asked him "But what's the point?"

I have that same deer-in-the-headlights feeling about palcohol. OK, a box of powder can't leak. So? Neither does a good bottle, properly stowed. WTF do I need more additives and whatever else is in the powder for?

I just don't get it.
I like new ideas but I'm thinking this is not passing the sniff test !
4music3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 18:33   #33

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Perhaps he had a problem with Muslims eating all his Buffalo Wings, and thought pork based wings would solve the problem??

Jim
Old 22-03-2015, 11:13   #34
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

I don't know, Jim. I suppose buffalo are halal, so the buffalo wings would be also. Unless the winged buffalo were considered to be evil, since they were made from a "perverted" copy of the (genetic) Word of the Almighty. In which case buffalo, pig, wouldn't matter so much at all, it would still be the work of corruption.

I'm still trying to get clarification on the falafel problem. You know, when it has been adulterated with wheat flour, some of which may be GMO, instead of made with pure chickpea flour, the way out ancestors intended? Is the falafel then not halal, because of the GMO wheat flour?

That's the problem with these new-age religions, there are so few mature ones with five or ten thousand years of history behind them. And of course so many of those have been so badly distorted by reforms. (sigh)
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 21:52   #35

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

If the package breaks it doesn't cause a big mess and it could be squished into unusual sized spaces, like all boats have. Thats got to count for something over liquid booze.
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 12:39   #36

Boat: Union 36

Hmmmmm, single malt in a zip lock Baggie? Opportunities are endless....

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 12:58   #37
CLOD

Boat: none

The big plus to powdered alcohol is: if your container breaks open you can still just snort it up with a straw. Just try to lick up liquid alcohol before it runs all over the place when its' container breaks.