Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 14:40   #46

Re: Knife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post

"Don't cut yourself, dumbass"
My Dad, 1967
It's good to remember your dad's advice, so he clearly worded it correctly, so you'd remember.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 19:05   #47

Boat: Allied 39
Re: Knife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsky49 View Post
I have been happy with a Boye folding knife that I purchased probably twenty years ago.

The blade is made from cobalt and is non-magnetic and corrosion proof. I especially like its low profile that allows me to carry it in my pocket without excessive bulk.

The current version of this knife has a marlinspike/shackle key addition that my version lacks. The shackle key would be handy.

Holds an edge pretty well, and after some use I can open and close it one handed. I have the pointed version, similar to below, less the marlinspike/shackle key of course.

We also gives thumbs up to the Boye knife. We have two the pointed version and the safety version.