Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2009, 02:46   #1

Boat: Valiant 50
Haztec Propane Gas Detector / Controller Recommendation

I'm not sure if this product is USCG approved or not as its made in Britain and is CE approved however for the benefit of our non US readers :

We have one of their units installed - its 4 years old now and the sensor was playing up and sensing propane when there wasn't any - this resulted in the solenoid valve shutting off at inconvenient times.

So being the "rocket scientist" that I am, I decided to tinker with it and install an over ride switch to open the valve electrically from the galley while a new sensor was en-route to Florida.

I fried the brains of the unit as evidenced by a burning smell, some smoke and an alarm that refused to stop.

Haztec replaced the unit for free!!!...

Now hows that for after sales support on a 4 year old unit?

I had to take a couple of aspirins a cup of tea to quell my shock.

I cannot speak highly enough of the help and assistance provided by Peter Garrod of Haztec.

The unit works well, it has great after sales service and support - what more can one ask for.

See : Home page of Seath Instruments (1992) Ltd

Note : I have no interest of any kind in that company.