Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2018, 17:12   #76

Boat: 2008 Nordic Tug 37
Re: Favorite boat vacuum cleaner

I have a few Ryobi tools so I use their "dustbuster" style vac for small stuff. I also bring our Dyson from home when we travel. Works well for us.
Waterford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 17:54   #77

Boat: 1974 Westsail 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver47 View Post
My friend has recently bought a Dyson last year and she adores it. I have used it while at her home helping out and I must say it is really amazing.

However, I personally have a Shark and I found it to be comparable in quality. I absolutely love my Shark and when I purchase a new vacuum some time next year it will be another Shark.

Here is the comparison of Dyson vs Shark
Dyson might be incredible, but I can’t imagine it’s any better than our Shark.��
westsailwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 18:25   #78

Boat: R&C Leopard 40

1 gallon shop vac (off brand) for wet / dry jobs.

Rigid (Home Depot) 18v cordless. It has great suction, the prefilter needs to be wiped clean more than I prefer, but I use it often. Same lithium batteries as my other cordless tools. Forever warranty, including batteries, if bought with a set. Strict registrations requirements but so worth it.

We got rid of all brooms and dust pans on the boat.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

"Lifetime Service Agreement
The original purchaser of an eligible product may elect to register for a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept
this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase for processing
approval as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID®
Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations
set forth below.
The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, on all eligible RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools,
stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90
days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement. Once all conditions of the registration
process are fulfilled, the tool’s service coverage lasts the lifetime of the original purchaser. The Lifetime Service
Agreement status on a tool is not transferable. Note: The RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement is only available for
eligible RIDGID tools purchased at THE HOME DEPOT. "
Old 29-12-2018, 19:19   #79

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Ozito shop vac.
Like all ozito product they have a 3 year replacement warranty which I have used on power tools without a problem.
Only in Australia I think and a bit big for most.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-12...acuum_p6290516
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2018, 22:23   #80

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)

Like A64 pilot, I have a Milwaukee 28 Volt: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...acuums/0780-20
Positives: wet AND dry, large capacity container, very good suction, very good blowing (I have x8 large Easystow fenders), with 3 Amp/hr battery can easily do whole of boat, plus more.
On the negative side: was expensive, quite large to store, quite loud.
Conclusion: am happy with all that.
Old 27-01-2019, 09:54   #81

If I learned anything from this thread it's a corded one. He mostly talks about uprights and canisters, but maybe something in there will fit your needs.

I own the one you're looking at and it's not what I would call BIFL. Black and Decker make pretty cheap stuff. It worked okay for about a year.
davidgreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 14:13   #82

Boat: Gozzard, 44CC, 50'

I have a corded (110v) Red Devil hand held vac on board for 20 years. Aside from replacing the drive belt twice during that period it continues to work flawlessly. It is versatile and powerful. If it ever dies I'd buy another immediately! JMHO
Scrimshaw4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 17:40   #83

Boat: 1984 Nor'Sea27
Powerwinch Boat-Vac 6733

Burred in the holds of a used boat I purchased was a Powerwinch Boat-Vac. Model 6733. (12v corded)
It is Covered with nasty inside and out, so I assume the bearings and parts are also. It is in my nature to fix/restore everything but even i am temped to dump it if as disposable and cheap as some of the products debated in this thread. BUT, if it is a boat specific product it might be stainless inner workings and might last a long while. Is anyone familiar with this product? Does it last any longer or work better than others?

Note: I sent an inquiry to Powerwinch without a response and I assume this is because it was not the same powerwinch company or the vacuum is so old all the workers at powerwinch don't recall it being their product.
cadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 17:49   #84

Boat: 50’ Bavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMusic View Post
I have my eye on the DeWalt corded cordless.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-2...4aApwfEALw_wcB
I use one of these and it’s great. Lots of power when corded, handy cordless when away from power. Fits the back of my sander to keep the dust down.
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 09:23   #85

Boat: Dickerson 37AC

I use Makita tools and have about a dozen 18V drills etc. I keep my worst condition one on the boat along with 1 4Ah battery.

I bought the Makita dust buster type vac and it's awesome. Comes with a wand but I just use the brush end to clean up my cabin soles of any sand, hair etc. For the type of day sailing and short cruising we do it works well. Battery dies and I just bring it home to charge.
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat