Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2021, 16:22   #16

Re: Echotec watermaker?

Echotec watermakers are great watermakers the high quality pressure pumps are great quality from Speck in Germany and Speck have a great website for parts worldwide. The support from Echotec is absolutely first class and the parts prices are pretty good compared to other distributors dealing with Speck, Parker and so forth, but it is all about the the money with Echotec, if it wasn’t the part numbers would still be there. so if you can be bothered to shop around and you’ll save money, but Echotec will look after you where ever you are in the world and quickly
bartyboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 18:54   #17

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
The patent on the original Clark pump has already ran out but they made so many good improvements on the original patent that just copying that original is it going to get you much

It may end up like the Webasto diesel heater verses the Chinese knock off heaters at 1/10th the cost. I'm not saying it will be 1/10th by the way.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 15:22   #18

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

I would recommend a 12V watermaker without this energy recovering stuff.
As simple as possible as I and several friends with their boats too made the experience that exactly this energy recovering stuff breaks, is proprietary and makes things pricey and complicated.
Friends with different brand like schenker, Spectra… all had problems with the recovery part while the rest of the watermaker ran like a charm.
And for the money saved get Lithium or a bit a bigger Lithium and one solar panel more…covers easily and make up for the more energy that simple 12V watermaker is using. Not depending on inverter too and if the 12V with 40-65l/h is too small, I would still go 12V and run it more often/longer…better an often used one then too seldom.

The 12V seawater Pro with the upgraded SS high pressure pump is best value for the buck, all off the shelf parts too and Mike is very responsive and helpful.

Would have one too but last minute I got a nearly new 12V hp super Compact watermaker fully made out of SS for a steal price from the cat next to mine on the dry dock (was even less then the seawater pro, so no brainer)….90% off the shelf too and 12V without recovery. Needs around 35A with 50bar operational pressure to produce 40l/h, it’s a small 3215 Membran due to overall compact size of watermaker, one with a 3240 produces 65l/h.
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 05:05   #19

Echotec pump parts
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2020_SPECK_CATALOGUE.pdf (1.76 MB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf 18140444.pdf (748.4 KB, 66 views)
bartyboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 18:45   #20

Boat: Norman Cross 46

We are using an Echotec 49l/h watermaker since more than 10 years and the manufacturer after-sales service was always quick & helpful. When I asked them for the generic specs so I could buy parts locally, they always gave me the specs needed ... when I decided to order parts from them, it was quick and surprisingly cheaper via Fedex than I expected.
For 20 years before that, we use PowerSurvivors 35 and 40E and spent so much time fixing leaks and using so many o-ring kits, never knowing what the culprits really were .. and all that to produce so little at the time ... It worked well when we had a small array of solar panels but now that we have 1000 W solar, I can run the Echotec mid-day and still charge my batteries .. just on my solar panels! I recommend the Echotec company in Trinidad .. serious guys!

Tags
water, watermaker