Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2019, 20:14   #16

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825
Re: Best Head Flashlight recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privleoplag View Post
I'll say it again as I've said it before, these are great.https://www.nitecorestore.com/Produc...hoCc1QQAvD_BwE
WOW, $75-00 with no accesories,

These same lights are $10-00 from china with all the accessories and free delivery,
I didnt particularly like these lights, So I bought bigger ones for $15-00 each, Comes with all accessories, Included, and free delivery,

And yes, they are great lights,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 20:47   #17

Boat: Seawind 1000xl

As with most things being purchased the first thing to do is establish a price point. While not always true it is common to get what you pay for. A lot of boaters are accustom to paying much more for boat stuff than what non boaters would expect. While not everyone is aware of it just as there are guys into boats there are also guys into flashlights; and it should not shock anyone they have a presence on the internet. Here is a link to the Candlepower site which has lots of information about flashlights, and flashlights that you can attach to your head.

Some of the products there are stupid expensive and many of them will shock folks by what they are capable of. I have several small flashlights that produce a great deal of light and cost maybe $US50. One is smaller than my little finger and brighter than a six D cell flashlight I have. Also have some head flashlights. While I do find them useful as others have posted I don't really like that I have to cycle through white dim/medium/bright/super bright; and then do the same with red and blue light.

Sorry about not suggesting a specific solution but if you go to the Candlepower site you will soon learn that just as guys here argue about which is better a monohull or multihull guys there argue about which is best just as much.
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 21:13   #18

Boat: C&C 35 MK-II

Coast headlamp with the 400 lumins plus red lights as well. I believe I have the FL65 and Costco will carry them occasionally, usually during the holiday season. Home Depot will have them as well during the holidays and if you shop they are $15-18 on sale.

When I got these, I simply bought more and send all my other headlamps to Goodwill.

I noticed now they have 700 and 1000 lumin version and even rechargeable... but a lot more money. With the brighter versions, I would be worried about battery life... but I hardly ever run mine on the highest setting. So the extra brightness would be wasted on me.
Old 15-09-2019, 22:45   #19

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

I can tell you what NOT to buy.

Some years ago I splashed out on an expensive LED Lenser headlamp, very expensive but looked premium.

It does have excellent optics, but that's all. Very poorly designed headband which pops out and can cut your heat with the sharp grooves for the elastic, cheap battery box which falls apart, and in no way worth the £100 or whatever I paid for it.

This one was preceded and followed by £10 El Cheapos which lasted longer and worked better.

I wouldn't mind having a really nice one, wouldn't mind spending some money on it, but it would need to be worth the price, not like this one.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, men