Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 16:07   #31

Re: To your health

Once cancer is cured, what will we donate all our money to?

Finding a cure for stupidity I suppose
Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 16:57   #32
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

doug, when the rubes fall for a line of crap like you're pushing, they go to quacks and die. Like farrah fawcett did, after she found a miracle cure and travelled overseas to get it because somehow, no one in the US could set up objective lab tests and prove the same "cure" actually worked.

So let me make it clear doug. I don't know if you're mislead, off meds, or simply trrying to sell something somewhere, but what you are pushing is KILLING PEOPLE.

The AMA is often called the world's second trade union or guild, that being descended from barbers and supposedly predatetd by whores. But there's nothing the AMA or the FDA can do to prevent anyone from performing good lab science, proving concepts, and getting the word out, IF the cure actually works.

You want to help people beat AIDS? You think the cure works? Great, buy some pigs, set up the lab, do the work. You'll get rich from it if it works, and if it doesn't work--you can still apologize to the people you might be killing by endorsing quackery.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:19   #33
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
No, you are wrong. Look at this article for example: Pfizer fined $2.3 billion for illegal marketing in off-label drug case - USATODAY.com

Here is a quote from it: "Once the Food and Drug Administration approves drugs, doctors can prescribe them off-label for any use, but makers can't market them for anything other than approved uses."

Notice that the FDA approves drugs, doctors can use them anyway they see fit, but drug companies cannot promote them for any use other than that approved by the FDA (and, as the article shows, will have all of their profits in that drug wiped out if they are caught). All of that in a single sentence.

BTW, I don't have the bandwidth for video, but the splash picture that came up on your link appears to show people from the 1940's. Whatever was the case back then has certainly changed by now.

Mark

There's nothing wrong with what you're saying. Since I did not have health insurance, my oncologist was able to use a certain drug with an off-label way for me -- and may well have saved my life. You really don't understand the importance of what you're saying. It's not negative.

How does this relate to sailing?
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:21   #34
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Drug companies exist to make money for their shareholders. That's what it means to live in a capitalist country. Anyone opposed to capitalism should try life in Albania.
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 21:30   #35

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch
Doug is correct about suppressed cancer treatments.

The rest of you scoffers, when your wife or mother, has had several mammograms, that will cause/ develop lumps, and then some doctor with an AMA pen in his pocket, will be sending you a bill for 47,000 for removing her breasts. Not counting the other doctor bills, and hospital bill.

I am sorry to see so many indoctrinated sheepel here. Would think the sailboat people would be into digging a bit deeper.

The tin foil hat crack was a nice touch. Folks that resort to name calling and such as a way to discredit others, only discredit themselves.

My wife and I cured her stage four cancer of the breasts 13 years ago. Doctors sent her a registered letter saying she would be dead in four months, unless they continued treatment on her. Truth is, she would be dead had we let the poison vipers lay a hand on her.

The paper always lists the cause of death the illness being treated. BS. People being treated for cancer, never die from cancer, they die from chemotherapy, they die from radation, and they die from surgery.

Diet, fresh air, exercise, vitamins, minerals, clean water, and a complete absence of internal medicine doctors is the key to a long happy life.

The average age of an AMA doctor at his funeral is 58 years old. Why? He listened to his AMA buddies and got the flu shots, got the inoculations, got the bottles of bloodpresure medicine, got the root canals, drank the fluoride water,

I have done my homework, and my wife and I shun doctors like the plague.

A person needs over 90 minerals in their diet to stay healthy. The average person get less than ten and you are doing better than most to get 15.

Find a fella named Dr Joel Wallach who wrote a book called Dead Doctors Don't Lie. Study the life of Rennie Casie.

If a person has a blood that runs a little alkaline, they rarely if ever get sick. Most people have acid leaning blood, and acid saliva. That is easy to remedy, and costs almost nothing. Maybe two dollars a week.

Why would the AMA want well people at the cost of two dollars a week? Can't build cancer wings on hospitals doing that, now can we.
Old 10-11-2012, 21:47   #36

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch
All truth passes through three stages.

First, it is ridiculed.

Second, it is violently opposed.

Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A55s5RvCUAEZ8r4.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	49563
Old 10-11-2012, 22:01   #37

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran

[QUOTE=GaryMayo;1081533

The tin foil hat crack was a nice touch. Folks that resort to name calling and such as a way to discredit others, only discredit themselves.

[/QUOTE]

"sheepel"?
"poison vipers"?

If you want to discredit yourself it's ok with me.
Old 10-11-2012, 22:16   #38

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

All I know and can add to this thread is that the doctor (Australian) fought for 12 yrs before the AMA would publish his work on stomach ulcers. He had proven that stomach ulcers are caused by bacteria and not acid and could be treated with a 3 wk. course of antibiotics instead of taking gastric medication for years and/or undergoing major surgery.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:22   #39

Boat: Bayfield 40' Silent Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
As I stated before, I do not have the ability to view videos.

The titles "100% PROOF Media ARE controlled by PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES" and "Pharmaceutical Conspiracies: Cure for Cancer Revealed & Drug Industry Exposed" just reek of those things put out by people wearing tin foil hats. Sorry I can't view them, but they certainly don't appear to be fair and balanced or well-reasoned by their titles.

As far as your claims that drug companies are giving AIDS to children for profit - it takes a sick mind to believe that.

Mark
Please do a search with the words Bayer aids and see what you find.
even Bayer admitted it after it was proven
d0ug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:28   #40

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Open your mind - but not so much your brain falls out .
Perfectly put!

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMayo View Post
Doug is correct about suppressed cancer treatments.

The rest of you scoffers, when your wife or mother, has had several mammograms, that will cause/ develop lumps, and then some doctor with an AMA pen in his pocket, will be sending you a bill for 47,000 for removing her breasts. Not counting the other doctor bills, and hospital bill.

I am sorry to see so many indoctrinated sheepel here. Would think the sailboat people would be into digging a bit deeper.

My wife and I cured her stage four cancer of the breasts 13 years ago. Doctors sent her a registered letter saying she would be dead in four months, unless they continued treatment on her. Truth is, she would be dead had we let the poison vipers lay a hand on her.

The paper always lists the cause of death the illness being treated. BS. People being treated for cancer, never die from cancer, they die from chemotherapy, they die from radation, and they die from surgery.

Diet, fresh air, exercise, vitamins, minerals, clean water, and a complete absence of internal medicine doctors is the key to a long happy life.

The average age of an AMA doctor at his funeral is 58 years old. Why? He listened to his AMA buddies and got the flu shots, got the inoculations, got the bottles of bloodpresure medicine, got the root canals, drank the fluoride water,

I have done my homework, and my wife and I shun doctors like the plague.

A person needs over 90 minerals in their diet to stay healthy. The average person get less than ten and you are doing better than most to get 15.

Find a fella named Dr Joel Wallach who wrote a book called Dead Doctors Don't Lie. Study the life of Rennie Casie.

If a person has a blood that runs a little alkaline, they rarely if ever get sick. Most people have acid leaning blood, and acid saliva. That is easy to remedy, and costs almost nothing. Maybe two dollars a week.

Why would the AMA want well people at the cost of two dollars a week? Can't build cancer wings on hospitals doing that, now can we.
Thank you for doing your home work. It is good to check out other ways other than what the AMA wants you to believe
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34   #42

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"

The AMA is only a single organization with a publishing branch. The two Australian doctors (there were two of them) had many, many other journals they could have published in. However, those journals also were not interested in publishing until a controlled study had been performed and the bacterium isolated and identified and associated with the ulcers through at least a hypothetical mechanism.

The delay in publication was that the bacterium responsible for the ulcers was very difficult to culture and study and make a causative link to.

That is the way science is done and published. The doctors at no time "fought" the AMA or any other organization - they simply worked hard for many years to get the scientific data required to publish in scientific journals. Those two doctors were awarded a Nobel Prize for their work - not shunned, discredited or covered up. They are, and always were, considered good scientists.

This example simply is not supportive of the OP's thesis.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:49   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Thank you for doing your home work. It is good to check out other ways other than what the AMA wants you to believe
You obviously do not understand the organization or powers of the AMA. Why you are obsessed with it is beyond understanding. You do realize that it is only one of many similar organizations around the world and it has no ability to control research, approve drugs or cover up anything.

It is purely a US-based organization of medical professionals - most of whom would make more money on good "alternative" cures.

Why and how do you think the AMA control all research and drug approval in all countries and in all scientific endeavors? Do you think they send out "mission impossible" teams to hunt down ideas and shut down research they "do not agree with"? Do you think they have a list of "forbidden" research? Do you think agents are universally and highly embedded in university and commercial research labs controlling the direction - aka the Mason's conspiracy?

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:01   #44

I know it is not the AMA, FDA. these are tools used by others.
The Drug Story by Morris Bealle
Old 11-11-2012, 05:23   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuflames View Post
There's nothing wrong with what you're saying. Since I did not have health insurance, my oncologist was able to use a certain drug with an off-label way for me -- and may well have saved my life. You really don't understand the importance of what you're saying. It's not negative.

How does this relate to sailing?
I do understand the importance of what I wrote and do not think it is wrong or negative at all. Maybe something was lost in my communication. I meant to communicate that it is a very good and acceptable practice for doctors to use drugs off-label. However, it is not good for pharmaceutical companies to promote their drugs off-label.

It is the physician's job to determine how to treat an individual, and it is the pharmaceutical company's job to perform scientifically controlled studies and get the labeling expanded by the FDA if additional benefits are proven.

And that the laws were set up specifically for this. The OP stated erroneously that the pharmaceutical companies control which drugs are approved and how they are used. I was correcting him by pointing out the FDA (in the US) approves drugs and doctors alone decide how they are used.

Using drugs off-label is not usually controlled by the insurance company unless the drug used is not covered by them. I am happy it worked out well for you.

Mark

Tags
health