SniperSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 04:06   #122
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Solo Sailor Took His Own Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgoodsint View Post
In fact 100% of those surveyed think of themselves as exceptions. Just ask anyone. it's everyone else who's got the problems (is it really?).
I do not consider myself exceptional..
Mildly abnormal maybe.. but not exceptionally..

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 05:24   #123

Re: Solo Sailor Took His Own Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgoodsint View Post
Assuming your post is not spoof, as some discussion has centered on that: I would point out that the vast majority of military generals are in fact 60+, they 'manage' the deployment of younger solders, who are more disposed toward the 'crash and burn' of combat. You decide which of those groups shows better judgement and be better skippers.
The vast majority of American generals are not in their 60s. Most in their 50s, some in their 40s, and a few in their 60s. To stay in the military beyond 40 years is unheard of and requires presidential permission. Some, like Adm. Grace, did totter onwards to their old age, but that is rare. Field generals are mosly in their 40s. Flag ranks require constant promotions and need to be achieved by your 30th year. Exceptions do exist.
reed1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 05:26   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
I think you are someone thats likes spreading myths with very little of any fact in what your like to spread. I seen you put this on another thread too.

The young lady was 26, whether they were doing anything intimate has never been known. An autopsy was never completed, so its not known what he died of and its assumed it was a heart attack.

The suggestion it would take three hours for her to remove him is just silly. Nor was he over weight when he died?
Ok Rusty, here is one good writeup of the confusion following the dead Whale:

The American Chronicle: The Strange Death Of Nelson Rockefeller
Old 29-02-2016, 05:37   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpetrel View Post
When it's close to my time, I'd rather be out sailing than in hospital or an old folks home.
agree...even my thoughts, especially in case of illnes I don 't want anybodies help to extend my problems...no cables, no hoses, no hardware..
Tellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 09:41   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellus View Post
agree...even my thoughts, especially in case of illnes I don 't want anybodies help to extend my problems...no cables, no hoses, no hardware..
that is so politically incorrect. You are suppose to help support the health care system and your Government by delaying the inevitable by all means possible. After all, who owns your body?
Old 29-02-2016, 10:04   #127

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed1v View Post
that is so politically incorrect. You are suppose to help support the health care system and your Government by delaying the inevitable by all means possible. After all, who owns your body?
Your not supporting the Gov. but the insurance Companies that are charging outlandish rates. But then when they have to support Obumma care? I wish I could understand my monthly update. Medicare pays my insurance pays the rest out of outlandish amounts. amount approved? I guess I'm lucky not having to pay, other than premiums. If I where young I'd become a dentist or a vet..
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:29   #128

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

Coming to the US from a country with cradle to the grave healthcare paid through outlandish Taxes, when the all seeing, all knowing so called healthcare 'experts' designed Obamacare, they managed to include everything that was bad about socalized medicine, and ignore all the good stuff!
It is without doubt, the most screwed up and silly system of healthcare every designed! Too expensive, too complicated and has doctors all over the country leaving it in droves! My personal Dr has closed his practice after 30+ years because of the unreasonable and onerous rules for reimbursement reporting. He can make more $ as a construction worker which is what he does now! Thanks for f***ing up a perfectly good system Obama... This is your legacy. Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:45   #129
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

https://www.facebook.com/essentialfo...8/?pnref=story

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
Old 29-02-2016, 11:55   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Cute video but incorrect and grossly distorts the facts.
Old 29-02-2016, 11:58   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Your not supporting the Gov. but the insurance Companies that are charging outlandish rates. But then when they have to support Obumma care? I wish I could understand my monthly update. Medicare pays my insurance pays the rest out of outlandish amounts. amount approved? I guess I'm lucky not having to pay, other than premiums. If I where young I'd become a dentist or a vet..
Your right on target. When i retired, i no longer had to pay $200k per year in liability insurance. And that was with a perfect record performing surgeries. Many physicians opt to stay pill pushers because they can no longer afford the insurance. Its also cheaper for a hospital to keep folks on life support rather than risk operations due to lawsuits. There you have it. The best medicine in the world no one can afford.
Old 29-02-2016, 12:00   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Phil View Post
Coming to the US from a country with cradle to the grave healthcare paid through outlandish Taxes, when the all seeing, all knowing so called healthcare 'experts' designed Obamacare, they managed to include everything that was bad about socalized medicine, and ignore all the good stuff!
It is without doubt, the most screwed up and silly system of healthcare every designed! Too expensive, too complicated and has doctors all over the country leaving it in droves! My personal Dr has closed his practice after 30+ years because of the unreasonable and onerous rules for reimbursement reporting. He can make more $ as a construction worker which is what he does now! Thanks for f***ing up a perfectly good system Obama... This is your legacy. Phil
Old 29-02-2016, 12:14   #133
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Cute video but incorrect and grossly distorts the facts.
Being an MD your response is no surprise..

Kinda like Cameron saying we are better in the EU..

Old 29-02-2016, 12:39   #134

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Im starting to doubt you are an MD, let alone a surgeon

Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 12:46   #135

Why the hell is it a discussion? If a 78 year old puts his boat on the rocks and offs himself, that is his choice. I see no point in at the second guessing?

Tags
sail