Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 15:18   #1

Boat: 1976 Tradewind 34
small inflatable to fit in lazarette

I am looking for an inflatable to fit in the transom lazarette of my Beneteau 305. The inflatable will get occasional use as a tender when we go out cruising for a couple weeks a year and will be stored folded up for the rest. The boat is in the Long Island sound but cruise trips may involve anywhere along the East Coast US. Carrying capacity is of minor concern as it will be used by two most of the time.

Since I have very limited space (33 x 17 x 14) in my lazarette, I am having a hard time finding anything that can pack down that small. The most common issue is the transom of most inflatables are already 36 - 39 inches wide. I may be able to squeeze things, put it diagonal etc. but have not tried it just yet.

So far those of you who are dealing with limited space on your boat, how did you solve the inflatable dinghy issue, what do you recommend I do?

Thank you for your help.
hd002e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 15:28   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Re: small inflatable to fit in lazarette

I had a Avon dinghy that was made out of Hypalon, that had a bracket that mounted on the stern of the dinghy to hold the motor. The whole thing rolled up into a large duffle bag and I put the floor under the bed matress. I just sold it with a 2 hp motor for 500.00 bucks. I don't remember the model and I am not sure if they still make the model or not but it fit easily into the lazerette on my 30 ft lancer I had when I was using it.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 17:08   #3

Boat: csy 37

here's your dinghy. an achilles lt2. achilles are hypalon and very well made - i used to think of them as the poor mans avon. it weighs 37 lbs, comes with oars and a motor mount for up to 3hp. the folded dimensions are close to your requirements, and if it won't fit in your lazarette you should have little trouble finding space inside your boat for this one, or maybe on deck.

Achilles LT-2, Rollup Floor 7' 3", Gray Hypalon, 2014
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcsy37 View Post
here's your dinghy. an achilles lt2. achilles are hypalon and very well made - i used to think of them as the poor mans avon. it weighs 37 lbs, comes with oars and a motor mount for up to 3hp. the folded dimensions are close to your requirements, and if it won't fit in your lazarette you should have little trouble finding space inside your boat for this one, or maybe on deck. Achilles LT-2, Rollup Floor 7' 3", Gray Hypalon, 2014
That looks pretty good! Thank you for the link.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:33   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I had a Avon dinghy that was made out of Hypalon, that had a bracket that mounted on the stern of the dinghy to hold the motor. The whole thing rolled up into a large duffle bag and I put the floor under the bed matress. I just sold it with a 2 hp motor for 500.00 bucks. I don't remember the model and I am not sure if they still make the model or not but it fit easily into the lazerette on my 30 ft lancer I had when I was using it.
I wish I had posted this earlier, I would have bought that off of you that is a good price.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:38   #6

If you look on Creigs list, at least in the south florida and Ft. Myers areas you will find them. Actually I was just on Creigs list and I saw a couple that would work. They were not in great shape but they were cheap, maybe 200-400 bucks.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:40   #7

This one is in Lake worth
Achilles 7.5 Inflatable Dinghy - $285 (lake worth)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43   #8

Achilles 7.5 Inflatable Dinghy

Sorry the link did not go through on the last post

Tags
inflatable