We decided to haul out
, as we had some work
that was more easily done on the hard
. Our insurance
also pays half the haul out
costs. It was a lot of work
to then remove the sails
, take off the boom, and have the mast
hauled. But our boat
was in a secure lot, outside the flood-prone areas. I’m glad the storm didn’t turn out to be as bad as expected.
I would not have wanted to leave our boat on our 500# mushroom anchor
. If we had a helix, I might have kept it on the mooring
depending on the wind
direction. But I’ve heard the helix might not be as hurricane
proof as originally thought. Anyone use a mooring? If so what type and size of boat. Not too many boat were moved out of our mooring field.