Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 10:12   #46
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Fitness

gotta love watching fanatics of anything. overdoing is as bad as underdoing. i walk, row, ride bike. when on passage i sail.
i used to work out being a nursee in all areas of icu, lifting 350 pounds and cleaning what evolved. no mas. i donot do the heavy lifting i broke my body doing correctly, thankyou. i will walk ride a bike and row, and while under way i sail.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 16:29   #47

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa36 View Post
And the Hitachi Magic Wand muscle massager for when the delayed onset muscle soreness hits and your brain is saying, "do more training", but your body is saying, "no, relax!!"

"Do more training" wins! *\o/*
No I would never use any of that type stuff even when I was cycling 150 miles plus per week (plus running at least one 3-5 miler during the week), but sometimes if I had stayed with the leaders (ages 25-40) when I was early 50's on a 50-70 mile hard ride, I'd drink 6-8 beers afterward (the soreness seemed to go away somewhere around beer number 4 or 5) as a reward, eat as much as possible, then hit the sack at 3 pm and sleep on and off until the next morning

The rides started at 0730.

Sometimes we/I would ride the 20 miles to the ride, do the 50-60 hard, fast miles, then have an easy 20 mile ride home but never used a massager
thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 00:37   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
No I would never use any of that type stuff even when I was cycling 150 miles plus per week (plus running at least one 3-5 miler during the week), but sometimes if I had stayed with the leaders (ages 25-40) when I was early 50's on a 50-70 mile hard ride, I'd drink 6-8 beers afterward (the soreness seemed to go away somewhere around beer number 4 or 5) as a reward, eat as much as possible, then hit the sack at 3 pm and sleep on and off until the next morning

The rides started at 0730.

Sometimes we/I would ride the 20 miles to the ride, do the 50-60 hard, fast miles, then have an easy 20 mile ride home but never used a massager
That would call for a serious spa retreat.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:20   #49

Has anyone tried this bike?:
https://www.minds.com/blog/view/437645348047949824

(Thanks to the mind control programmed initiates of the secret societies for not telling everyone how they can acquire their own Tesla free radiant energy. (Sarcasm) Things are bound to be kept a secret when they are held by mind control programmed humans. Careful with putting out the name of your society "Black Sun Cult", though or the general public might get an idea about the truth about the sun and why all of outer space isn't lit up.)
~
Straight-leg bridges help the body to feel lengthened after bicycling:

Stacked towels are a better prop, though because you can adjust the height. Variation in exercise is key.
~
Coconut oil applied topically also helps to relieve soreness, although fractionated coconut oil is more practical aboard or everything could get very slippery. Plus, topically applied coconut oil (especially Nutiva's ) makes skin wrinkles disappear, so consciousness is not the only thing that is real magic. No party trick.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:51   #50

Boat: Boatless at the moment

For my daily fitness I read this thread again.
Old 13-03-2018, 15:34   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i used to work out being a nursee in all areas of icu, lifting 350 pounds
Wow, you're extraordinarily strong! Now I'm eager to get to that goal. Thank you for your inspiration. After the body's natural barricades are broken through, it's all smooth sailing from there. (Consciousness also seems to have barricades.) The right training can do everything (if someone isn't genetically endowed with something like a condition where they naturally easily get more muscle growth than everyone else. I once saw a Filipino gal in a gym on a ship who had something like that. Even though she was petite and lean, heck, she was strong. People would never know by looking at her how strong she was ).
Old 14-03-2018, 05:16   #52

Boat: 2018 Senesco 110'

I use the Bodyweight exercises available on Reddit. There is a dedicated sub Reddit for BWF, you should check it out.