Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2014, 02:17   #1

Boat: Mascot 28 pilothouse motorsailer 28ft
Dehumidifiers,condensation

No connection & no personal experience with this unit or company.
Just passing along FYI
Note: This product is mfgd in Canada & should be duty free to US & Mexico under NAFTA.
Garages

Small Dehumidifier
Old 29-12-2014, 02:39   #2

Re: Dehumidifiers,condensation

If you have no connection & no personal experience with this unit or company than why are you posting? Can't help but notice both the manufacturer and yourself are located in NB.

Are you sure you have no connection?
Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 03:45   #3

Delancy Have been reading posts last few mos. from folks having condensation problems-especially from southerners who are experiencing a cooler winter than they are familiar with.
I have a lifetime of experience with condensation because of where I live,& I have learned what works & what doesn't.
In the spirit of contributing to CF useful info,based on personal experience &/or knowledge,I do so without regard to personal gain or self-agrandisement.
I do not lie either.
Can you claim the same? Len Ingalls
Old 29-12-2014, 09:44   #4

My intent wasn't to call you a liar but I can see why you would think that it was. I hope you will accept my apology and forgive me for being the jaded New Yorker I am. If I could go back in time I would rephrase my post.

None the less, you do have at least a geographic connection with the manufacturer and in your post you go out of the way to indicate that the product is made in Canada and that it should be duty free both in USA & Mexico under NAFTA.

Given this fact, I hope you can understand why I would be suspicious of your motives behind promoting a product you have no personal experience and I am curious to know if people in Mexico need dehumidifiers since it is not a cold climate and most have AC.

Unfortunately I have encountered all too many disingenuous people in my life and I recognize I can be a bit gruff as a result, so sorry about that. No offence was intended.
Old 29-12-2014, 12:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delancey View Post
My intent wasn't to call you a liar but I can see why you would think that it was. I hope you will accept my apology and forgive me for being the jaded New Yorker I am. If I could go back in time I would rephrase my post.

None the less, you do have at least a geographic connection with the manufacturer and in your post you go out of the way to indicate that the product is made in Canada and that it should be duty free both in USA & Mexico under NAFTA.

Given this fact, I hope you can understand why I would be suspicious of your motives behind promoting a product you have no personal experience and I am curious to know if people in Mexico need dehumidifiers since it is not a cold climate and most have AC.

Unfortunately I have encountered all too many disingenuous people in my life and I recognize I can be a bit gruff as a result, so sorry about that. No offence was intended.
Delancey I can see why you would be suspicious because of geography.
Apology accepted if you will accept my apology for answering as I did.
I mentioned NAFTA because it is useful info- if an American or Mexican wanted to purchase that,or any other Can. product.
Call me a flag waver on that one!
I mentioned Mexico,as it is part of NAFTA. I may be wrong,but I believe there were posts during the Nov-Dec southern cold snap from cruisers in Baja.-could be wrong on that.
Len
Old 29-12-2014, 12:20   #6

Len, fair winds! To help understand why I am so suspicious I link to a page posted here on our forum moments ago where someone is trying to recruit people to go on social media (CF is a form of social media) and secretly promote their product.

This rubs me the wrong way. It is an attempt to lure people into buying a product using deceptive practices and deprives CF of advertising revenue it is otherwise entitled to by using a back-door marketing strategy. We have enough adds as it is!

Additionally, it corrupts the good faith of forum members. Can I take someone at their word? Or are they secretly getting paid to give me a persuasive opinion?

I think people need to be aware of what is going on because it goes on all the time.

All the best!

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...cs-138722.html

Navionics is looking for a sailor who lives for being on the water! Dare I say, a sailing “Evangelist”? Ok, maybe that sends the wrong message, but you get the idea! There could be travel calling on stores or participating in events, but for the most part…simply go where you are already going. Through social media, like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, forums and blogs, etc…the Navionics advocate will do what they do best…talk about how they make being on the water more fun! How they use the Navionics charts (for their GPS chart plotter like Raymarine, Lowrance, or Humminbird) &/or the Navionics Marine & lakes app on their boat in their everyday outings on the open water or where ever they go, what the benefits are and how others will love it when they use it too! You may even have your own ideas on how to best promote this cool product.
Old 29-12-2014, 12:37   #7
Writing Full-Time Since 2014

Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34

Whatever.

The web site goes out of its way to be obscure. My impression (possibly wrong) is that the garage unit is nothing more than a small exhaust fan, and the larger units include a indoor/outdoor heat exchange function of unstated efficiency.

Not enough facts for interesting discusion, IMHO.

Tags
condensation