Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2021, 10:38   #91

Boat: Pursuit 3070 Sold / Cape Dory 28 FBT
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion View Post
Story verified as untrue. You are free to refuse the vaccine but you are negligent to imply it’s deadly. What kind of person does that?
Was that fact checked by Facebook?
Old 26-01-2021, 10:42   #92

I haven"t seen anyone objecting to your right to get jabbed ? Did I miss something ? However there are MANY people calling for mandatory vaccination. "Lists" for those who don't want to be vaccinated, etc. Seems pretty one sided and authoritarian to me and many others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarian View Post
To those that do not want the vacine due to some dodgy study or face book page they read please offer your vacine to someone else and stop moaning about it, its your choice no one is forcing you , so walk away, let your mouths shut . Live in your bunkers with 10 year old spam and let the rest of us get jabbed in piece. Many thanks and much appreciated, my wife says I can be confrontational because of my autism . Me I never see it . Get a life oooopsss
Old 26-01-2021, 10:47   #93

Boat: morgan O/I 33' sloop

Here in Tthe Florida Keys we have proof that the Dems do not have a monopoly on stupid. Vaccination appointments near impossible to get and the government failed to set up a wait list. Like then Obamacare roll out, the Fl software is late and will most likely be over complicated and defective. Any semicompetent programmer could set up a simple wait list driven system where you get a number and a day or two before you are given an appointment on a take it or back to end of the line system.
PS the PCR positives may be radically overstated because using multiplier of 40 rather that the recommended 30. The deaths are certainly overstated as they report died with positive test or suspected COVID and not the correct measure where COVID was a major factor in causing death.
Old 26-01-2021, 10:55   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarian View Post
To those that do not want the vacine due to some dodgy study or face book page they read please offer your vacine to someone else and stop moaning about it, its your choice no one is forcing you , so walk away, let your mouths shut . Live in your bunkers with 10 year old spam and let the rest of us get jabbed in piece. Many thanks and much appreciated, my wife says I can be confrontational because of my autism . Me I never see it . Get a life oooopsss
Must be that Scottish humor. I'm out every day. My wife an RN and me have both had covid. She has antibodies already. Me, never got antibodies nor did I get sick. Doc says my immune system recognized it and killed it before it made me sick. ( Must be all the Boones Farm wine from way back). So do we need to shut up? She's thinking about a shot, me not so much. She has 3 coworkers that have gotten really sick from the shots. All RN's. Now my Dermatologist who I buy a new car for every year has studied the vaccine and covid relentlessly. He got the shot and was really sick for 2 weeks or so and even missed work. Even though he still highly recommends getting the shot. I really don't have to worry about the decision right now as I'm at the back of the line anyway. So I say ya'll do what you want either way, just check in to let us know how it goes. O yea, We may get the test anyway just so we can go to the Bahamas if we have time.
Old 26-01-2021, 11:04   #95

Boat: 42ft Moody Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
I haven"t seen anyone objecting to your right to get jabbed ? Did I miss something ? However there are MANY people calling for mandatory vaccination. "Lists" for those who don't want to be vaccinated, etc. Seems pretty one sided and authoritarian to me and many others.
One thinks you have missed social media and this forum. But he'll who cares im getting jabbed and will no doubt be allowed into countries that demand you do .
Flu jab, small pox, measles , diphtheria, ebola . Etc vaccines work for 99% of a population ,
some will get a reaction one might die but the odds for the lottery are better, amazing how social media was not around during small pox and it is now eradicated in the western world , could you imagine if we had Facebook back then or this forum , and others , our children and grand children would have been at risk.
Old 26-01-2021, 11:09   #96

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
Until the government stops banning drugs that have been around for decades, stops interfering with peoples GP's exercising their own discretion / judgement regarding how to treat their patients, big tech stops censoring doctors posting to Youtube, twitter or where-ever and so long as India enjoys better patient outcomes than 88 much wealthier countries - there is no way I will be taking any vaccine.
Good ! More for us.
Old 26-01-2021, 11:12   #97

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]

We will receive our 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine in mid Feb, with Max immunity achieved by end of Feb.

We are approaching old fart status with no comorbidities.

Alaska has continually offered drive through C-19 testing, and they did a drive through flu vaccine weekend this summer even in remote island communities. . C-19 vaccine is scheduled online and requires a 20 min turnaround (15 mins post-inoculation observation in lobby...)

We wish all who desire to be inoculated swift resolution.

Cheers! Bill

PS: Neither of us had more than a slight headache on day 2 after the 1st inoculation.
Old 26-01-2021, 11:24   #98

Boat: Gozzard, 44CC, 50'

I'm a 74 yo medically compromised male Moderna vaccine test subject. It was confirmed last week that I received the vaccine and not the placebo. First shot in Aug, and second shot in Sept. Minor injection site soreness from first shot. Second shot, at noon on a Wed.) resulted in a moderate reaction: moderate soreness at injection site, 99.9F temperature, extreme fatigue. This occurred approx. 24 hrs after the second shot. Went to bed at 1PM on Thur. Woke up Fri. AM and all symptoms had cleared except minor injection site soreness. This was the first time I have ever had an injection reaction. I got a Flu shot 2 weeks later with no reaction. I'm sharing this information so that others can know what they might experience. Bottom line is the reaction was incidental and worth it vs. the alternative. Don't believe the hysterical press ... get vaccinated ASAP JMHO
Old 26-01-2021, 11:37   #99

Boat: 42ft Moody Ketch

Good to hear all the positive stories ,
Old 26-01-2021, 12:03   #100

Boat: Rafiki 37

Why is CF such a hot bed for anti-science, anti-vax, anti-expertise? It's absolutely fascinating...

It's great to see the vast majority here are still grounded in reality, but it really does amaze me the disproportionate number of folks who have fallen off the logic wagon. Why so many on CF? Or is it just that they're louder?
Old 26-01-2021, 12:24   #101

Some people just like to question things instead of blindly following what others say. Nothing wrong with that. I personally want to be really sure before risking the shot. Questions: How long does it last? Will the strain change and its worthless next year? Why do some get really sick and others not so much? Do they really think they can vaccinate the entire world? What happens if not? What are the long term side effects? if any? A lot we don't know and some very smart people are still asking questions so don't jump on others too hard. That would be illogical.
Old 26-01-2021, 12:30   #102

A couple others. What if you already had it. Can you catch it again? If not do you really need the shot? How many have had it and never knew it? Do they really need the shot? How long are they immune? The only way I knew that I had it was my wife got sick so I got tested. Otherwise I would have never known. How many are like me? Hmmm?
Old 26-01-2021, 12:37   #103

Boat: Rafiki 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspursuit View Post
Some people just like to question things instead of blindly following what others say. Nothing wrong with that. I personally want to be really sure before risking the shot. Questions: How long does it last? Will the strain change and its worthless next year? Why do some get really sick and others not so much? Do they really think they can vaccinate the entire world? What happens if not? What are the long term side effects? if any? A lot we don't know and some very smart people are still asking questions so don't jump on others too hard. That would be illogical.
In the case of the vaccines, there is absolutely no need to blindly follow anyone. The research and studies are all publicly available for anyone who wants to read them. And the rollout is being scrutinized to a far higher level than any vaccine I'm aware of.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions. That's NOT what I'm ranting about. These anti-folks aren't asking questions. They're not interested in learning the truth because they already know the answers. They're spouting misinformation and false or invalid conclusions based on what some others have told them, usually wrapped up in some bizarre conspiracy theory.

There is plenty we don't know about the world, and about these vaccines specifically. But there is a vast amount we DO know, and it's all available to anyone who actually wants to read accurate information.
Old 26-01-2021, 12:37   #104
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspursuit View Post
A couple others. What if you already had it. Can you catch it again? If not do you really need the shot? How many have had it and never knew it? Do they really need the shot? How long are they immune? The only way I knew that I had it was my wife got sick so I got tested. Otherwise I would have never known. How many are like me? Hmmm?
Uhohhh.!!! That's asking for hysterics..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 26-01-2021, 12:59   #105

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

No Hope here.

65+ or medical workers only.

Tags