Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2014, 21:20   #16
cruiser

Re: What Value?

One of the biggest reasons I keep all my charts completely up to date is precisely so I don't have to remember which chart is up to date for which category of information. That would be so much more work than simple corrections, it boggles my mind.
Jammer Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 21:35   #17

Boat: csy 37
Re: What Value?

for my limited purposes paper charts work just fine. for the bahamas i use explorer charts and dodges abaco guide. both are current enough, particularly in an area where lights are unreliable and fixed navigation marks almost non-existant.

coastal and icw charts for florida can be printed from my charting program after i've updated them by downloading the latest free noaa enc's and rnc's. but even older charts are not that far off and i find them perfectly usable.

too often the electronic charters are looking at their displays when they should be looking at the color of the water....
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote