Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 02:24   #1

Boat: MS Albin 25 AK "DIDO"
Waypoint Upload to a Northstar / NAVMAN Chartplotter?

Hello,

Recently I've got a NAVMAN Tracker 5600 chartplotter with a C-Map-module covering my favourite area (Mediterrenian), both not new but absolutely sufficient for my needs.

For many years I used a Toughbook PC with a GPS-module plus FUGAWI for navigation and to provide the VHF radio and the autopilot with NMEA data.

Now I wonder how to upload some 900 waypoints from my notebook PC to the Northstar/NAVMAN chartplotter.

The manual basically says "Use the Jeppesen 'PC-Planner'-software, the Jeppesen C-Map card reader plus an empty C-Map user card to transfer waypoints etc. to the chartplotter".

I do not have the software, the card reader or a C-Map user card. To buy them all new for about 200 USD economically does not make any sense for a +/- 10 year old plotter, athough it is in very good shape.

What I do have is a USB-to-NMEA-adapter, but so far I did not succeed in any data transfer from the PC to the chartplotter.

Is there anyone here who might help me with an experience or an idea how I might load data from a PC onto the NAVMAN charplotter?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards
Andreas

Vienna, Austria - EUROPE

Tags
chartplotter, loa