Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2019, 19:54   #1

SF Bay Info Needed

I need to take a sailboat with 5 foot draft into "The Cove at Tiburon".

It appears there is a marked channel going north along the marinas in Sausalito, but it ends at Richardson Bay Marina. Is there a channel along the east coast of Harbor Point? It also seems there is a little inlet that goes inside Aramburu Island along side some private homes. After that it seems very shallow in the last stretch to the Cove.

Anyone with some local knowledge about getting in there.

Thanks
sailasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:01   #2

Boat: Other people's boats
Re: SF Bay Info Needed

I'd be curious about this as well; I've always considered much of Richardson Bay to be far too shallow to play in. (I always wonder how most of the anchor-outs there are not aground!)

A bit of poking about suggests that if a way in does exist, it would be via the Sausalito channel and then the Strawberry Channel as mentioned on this page: https://www.owrc.com/new-page-4 Official paper charts don't indicate it, but both NOAA's electronic charts and Navionics show the entrance marks for Strawberry Channel. Note that much of the area is also restricted access (bird sanctuary) from October through March (https://richardsonbay.audubon.org/sa...rking-boundary).
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:27   #3

Re: SF Bay Info Needed

Sounds like a high tide only operation. If you time it right you should be able to go in on a +4 foot tide.
resistor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sf bay