Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2022, 18:10   #1

SEAiq Glitch on my iPhone

I have SEAiq version 5.2.0.0004 installed on an iPhone 11 and have had no issues with it until 12/31/2021. All of a sudden, the Waterway Guide symbols have been truncated to show a very small portion (see attached photo).

It makes no difference if I turn Waterway Guide off and then back on. I also deleted the app and reinstalled with no change.

Since I’m barely able to see the symbols anymore, this is quite a problem. But generally, I’ve been really happy with the s/w due to the free download of US charts in raster or ENC.

I’ve sent off an email request for support, but haven’t heard back. Has anyone else recently experienced this same issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6DF24BA0-2961-48D0-AA85-CE7E70CDFA35.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	250732  
Pandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 19:21   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 31
Re: SEAiq Glitch on my iPhone

I’ve just downloaded it on my iPhone, the issue was repeated, see screenshot below. Try to contact the app developer directly. Fair winds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7709.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	250733
Old 03-01-2022, 20:30   #3

Ahhh. Thanks for the reply, Jamme. Good to know it isn’t just me. Very strange glitch, though. The Waterways Guide information is one of the most useful features of the app. That, along with the internet provided AIS function which I have just noticed is not updating.

I’ll report back if I get a response from the app support people.
Old 03-01-2022, 23:07   #4

Boat: Other people's boats

Seeing the same here on the iPhone. It appears that even with the truncated icons the "touch" area is unchanged, so the info can still be brought up. Laptop (5.1.8) still shows the complete icons.

For AIS I'm still seeing the internet feed. I don't see any around Vaca Key, but do see a cluster around Miami and Key West. Do those locations show activity for you? Also, double check that "AIS Sharing" is still enabled and see what it shows in the diagnostics page under AIS Sharing.
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:41   #5

Yes, I was mistaken about the AIS. I am getting feeds from Key West. Nothing around Marathon, but then more vessels further up the keys. I suspect they just don’t have a reporting station in the middle keys.
Old 04-01-2022, 13:23   #6

I just received a response from the SEAiq support team:

Quote:
Thanks for the note. We just released a patch that should fix this issue. Sorry for the trouble. We have to wait for Apple to review updates before they can be released.
However, I checked and no update is available yet. I suspect that they meant to say they have developed a patch and are awaiting Apple's approval prior to the release.
Old 04-01-2022, 15:21   #7

Boat: Other people's boats

5.2.1 appears to have hit the app store now. Observations:

At first it didn't appear to be fixed on the phone, but after removing and re-installing it did. This isn't ideal (you lose settings, etc and will have to restore them from backups), so I tried to avoid that on the iPad.

On the iPad installing the update also didn't immediately fix it, but after restarting the app a second time it's now showing properly.

Specific steps performed on iPad: 1) close app, 2) update and relaunch, 3) toggle WG and notice not updated, 4) clear cache, 5) toggle WG and notice not updated, 6) restart app and toggle WG; icons now displaying properly.
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone, phone