Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2019, 09:09   #1

Raymarine E 120 wide system failure of navigate to cursor function

I purchased sailboat with an E120w and E 140 wide MFDs, a smart pilot course computer, and an st 60 autopilot head. I had E90w on my previous boat so I thought I would know how to work it.
When you push to goto navigation prompt it doesn't hold onto the cursor/ way point. We tried multiple start up sequences using the cockpit or the nav station as the master. The autopilot works when just engaged to a compass course. We did system reset and no help. Tried just using no one or the other MFD. Electronics guys say it is E120w or e140w MFD problem. They say I need to buy new axiom system with Evolution 400 computer. Yikes!!
It is a 24 volt boat. Will new Raymarine MFD work with 24 volts? Manual were ambiguous ( diagram showed 24 volt but then said in other spots runs on12 volt).

I think I am about to go down the rabbit hole!!
Going Gaugain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, marine, raymarine