Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2023, 11:21   #1

Pilot/Almanac New York and Rhode Island

Im planning a delivery trip in May from US Virgin Islands to Rhode Island via Bermuda but having trouble finding a suitable pilot book for the NE Coast of USA - I would like to check out New York and the Hudson river before venturing to my final destination in Jamestown - does anyone have recommendations ?

Thanks
Captain.Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2023, 11:37   #2

Boat: Adams 45
Re: Pilot/Almanac New York and Rhode Island

I attached a couple of pdf's with 1) a list of marinas in the NYC area and 2) some suggestions for Long Island Sound and Buzzards Bay. I don't know of a good cruising guide for the area. The Hudson River is interesting to travel up to the George Washington Bridge (still below the top of Manhattan Island), but not a very pleasant place to stay. The 79th St Boat Basin is completely closed for major renovations, in case you see any recommendations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LongIslandSoundAndVicinity.pdf (130.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf NYHarborAreaMarinas_2021.06.pdf (190.4 KB, 19 views)
pjShap is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, Rhode Island