Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2020, 10:36   #1

Boat: Hunter 33
Passage planning St Thomas to SW Florida?

Hello,

I am taking a 39' Powercat from St Thomas to SW Florida mid October and would like to figure out a good route to take. I have never been to the Dominican Republic or the Turks before, so would like to know the best or most convenient places to stop there.

If covid is still a problem will I have a problem checking into DR or Turks?

I do plan to stop in Georgetown, if I dont have the time to hit the other Islands to the North and cross to Miami would it be possible to head straight west and end up in Marathon?

Is there a place to get fuel between Georgetown and Marathon? I think the boat has a 400 mile range

This is a first for me in open water besides quite a few trips up and down the East and West coasts of Florida, so any input would be greatly appreciated
RobD527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 10:38   #2

Boat: Seaward 22
Re: Passage planning St Thomas to SW Florida?

I'm no expert, but you might want to share an estimate of your fuel usage and storage. I would think it is a key element of your route planning.
ohdrinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, passage