Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2012, 20:22   #1

Need Help with my Navman 8120

Hi folks:
Bought my Navman 8120 in 2009 and it has worked flawlessly from Oregon to Chile to Thailand. Just bought a new C-map wide chart to get me to Brazil and it will not work on Navman. All my other (5) megawide charts do work fine. Did a factory reset and no joy with new chip (S card type).
Jeppesen is now telling me I may need a software upgrade to the 8120.
If I can get the software upgrade (on my computer, I guess) how do I transfer that info to the chartplotter?
Tried phoning Navman NZ and AUS but they don't work on weekends and their emails do not work. I know Navman has been sold since 2009 (more than once?)
Of course, the s-card chip may be faulty but hesitate to mail it back to USA until I exhausted any alternatives.
Any advice appreciated.
Pete
Old 16-11-2015, 00:22   #2

Re: Need Help with my Navman 8120

Hi there

I have a Navman 8120 Chart Plotter and am struggling to get assistance from Navman/Navico. I would like to make contact with anybody who has one. I need a small switch but am unable to identify the correct value. All I need is a photo of the part marked Q5 - photo attached. If someone can take a photo I will be able to identify the value and purchase one from the local electronics shop. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150827_171522_resized.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	113098  
Mike Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 14:06   #3

Re: Need Help with my Navman 8120

Hi shipmates I have a problem with the sonar screen on my Navman 8120 or Northstar M121. the screen has gone red completely, only on the sonar screen side, Everything else works fine on the unit, I've downloaded new software, updated and checked all the obvious things like connections, could it be a transducer fault I wonder, suggestions would be appreciated please
timothy551 is offline   Reply With Quote