Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2023, 20:49   #1

Navionics Boating App Working in Windows 11 s 11

Installed Windows subsystem for Android. This is an Android emulator that does not currently support Play Store, but you can sideload Navionics Boating app. First you have to make or download the apk file for the app. The apk is simply the program file for Navionics Boating.
I just downloaded the apk file from apkfollow.com. There are a bunch of tutorials on the web that are not too difficult to follow. To enable WiFi inside the emulator, go to search and enter "turn windows features on or off".
Then make sure Hyper-V and Hypervisor platform is ticked.

Since my boat is currently dry docked, I can't be sure my USB GPS is working because I believe it automatically detects your location without GPS. If anyone gets the Boating app working in the WSA emulator please let me know if USB GPS works. I subscribed for 25.00 per year for the U.S., but you can download a free 2 week trial. Oh yeh, it's fast and pretty.
Sheetbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:32   #2

Re: Navionics Boating App Working in Windows 11 s 11

Usb GPS does not work. I believe this app only accepts WiFi data. When using "connect a device" WiFi does not see any WiFi signals like my tablet does. Although it does download maps just fine. So connecting to devices from inside of Microsoft WSA emulator is a no go, or so it seems. Looks like dual boot with a dedicated Android OS is the way to go for Navionics boating app on a pc.

If you have a uefi boot, Just us a a usb drive for the Android OS and Windows on the main drive. Set boot order to usb first, Windows second. Pull the usb when you want Windows to boot. If there is better way for dual boot with uefi let me know.
Old 19-02-2023, 06:11   #3

I'm giving up on Windows for navigation. Very buggy. Dual boot of any sort is a pain. Tried my Rasberry Pi4b booting Prime OS(Android 11). Navionics Boating app now works perfectly. Receives GPS and AIS data from my Quark AO27 AIS/GPS multiplexer over WiFi just fine.
I plan on buying 1 more Pi4b and have OpenCPN on one and Navionics on the other Pi. Will use my Beelinl mini pc for general use, videos and internet. All using one radio multi-mouse, bluetooth keyboard, 15.6" monitor, and a HDMI switcher at the nav station. Plan on updating my old Raymarine mfd to newer mfd/radar setup in the future.
Old 09-06-2023, 14:51   #4

Navionics have a list shows these compatibale devices. https://www.navionics.com/media/wysi...IS_Devices.pdf
ChristianV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, boating, navionics, wind, work