Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2023, 10:15   #1

Navionics Autorouting

Hi all, today I installed Navionics+ in my built in unit and chart working fine but autorouting are not working at all. It doesn´t matter what place or port im putting in, it starting to search route to that destination but everytime it ending to say" either startpoint or endpoint are on land or outside the mapsystem" ?
BusterSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:37   #2

Re: Navionics Autorouting

Not the answer you're looking for, but I find Autorouting to be a waste of time, much easier to just add your own waypoints or wing it. I always go with the latter, but see a lot of YouTubers doing the former. Never seen anyone using auto-routing and expecting a good result.
markxengineerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markxengineerin View Post
Not the answer you're looking for, but I find Autorouting to be a waste of time, much easier to just add your own waypoints or wing it. I always go with the latter, but see a lot of YouTubers doing the former. Never seen anyone using auto-routing and expecting a good result.
I second this. Auto-routing has nearly gotten me into trouble a few times.

I highly recommend studying the chart and plotting your own course, especially if you're unfamiliar with the area.
Peregrine1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 15:39   #4

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

I've used Navionics auto-routing. It gives a rough starting point for further refinement of the route, and a good estimate of the total distance. Not sure about that particular error message though. It could be just a matter of getting used to how to set start and end points. The error I usually see is something about the route being too complicated, and I have to break it down into smaller segments. Which sort of makes it kinda useless.

As others have said, it's not something to be relied on, although it's a quick way to start familiarizing yourself with an unfamiliar route. It's a little scary that some people think it's like the turn-by-turn directions they get for the road these days. It's not.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 15:49   #5

Boat: Columbia 36

I'm running Navionics on an Android tablet and never had autoroute not work as long as the charts are updated. . I do find it tries to take me too close to shallows if I set the draft parameter for my actual draft, so I doubled it. I find it most useful running rivers and canals where there's lots of opportunity to take a "wrong turn". On open water I usually set my own waypoints.
capt jgw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navionics