Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2019, 00:33   #31

Re: How did ga get away with anchoring permits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Bacchus View Post
Did everyone read the whole article as suggested by Sailmonkey? Seems positive at this point that the state is listening to the boaters and responding appropriately, at least for now.

From the article:
While our group will remain vigilant as the rest of the rules pertaining to anchorage areas unfold, we view the current status as positive. The abandonment of permitting rules for the time being shows that the voices of boaters are behind heard. Many thanks to all of you who have taken part in this process to date.
When all is said and done just fallow the money, those who see a buck in their future, will endever to keep it coming in.
lord at sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 08:08   #32

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
I advocated nothing of the sort, but I would note that calling me "the enemy" for my 20 years of service is probably not in keeping with the kind, respectful, well intentioned person I'm sure you are. I would invite you to meet in person over a drink here in Annapolis, I'll even buy, and I can explain what exactly it was I did in my day to day job as one of those "lifetime bureaucrats" and hopefully between putting a face to "the enemy" and having the opportunity to ask questions and engage in a civil, well meaning discussion we can both emerge the better for it. Also happy to tell you about the two successful startups I founded since leaving the Coast Guard, perhaps if putting my life on the line to rescue a number of cruisers in distress during several of my tours isn't something you consider an "honorable job" then creating companies and jobs would fit your description? Would love to hear of your achievements as well, as I'm sure you are as proud of them as all of us in the Coast Guard are of ours.
And that, my friends, is how to handle a troll.
CaptTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 09:00   #33

Boat: Currently in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord at sea View Post
When all is said and done just fallow the money, those who see a buck in their future, will endever to keep it coming in.
Absolutely the truth!

Tags
anchor, anchoring, permit