Good day all
As some of you are aware, in May we sailed from Antigua
due to the Caribbean
lock downs at the time and the pending hurricane
season. We would like to leave Halifax
and get back to warmer climates before winter.
Our plan had been to bounce down the US east coast
, having a leisurely trip instead of the epic beast of a trip we had when we headed north. Unfortunately though, US customs
has advised us that the US border is closed for all Canadian registered pleasure craft. They have said this closure extends to ďin transitĒ vessels such as ourselves. This approach rules out the leisurely stroll option.
Given that we are looking at alternatives. Leaving and heading pretty much due south, via Bermuda
and ending up in one of the West Indies. Of course, which one will depend on the restrictions in place at the time.
The other is to sail east, across to Europe
and into the Med.
We know that neither option is great for us due to timing. We are in no rush and are prepared to wait to late October, but do not want to be stuck in Canada
for the snow and cold season.
So, we put this out to the broader knowledge base on this forum. We are indifferent as to the Caribbean
or the Med. Where would you chose to go if you are in our shoes with the current
time of year?
Look forward to the responses