Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2017, 13:58   #16

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40
Re: Best digital charts for the Caribbean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scallowayuk View Post
YOU ASKED FOR ADVICE. use whatever system you want but open cpn and nimble navigator are fine, no chart plotter can take the place of paper charts, if you rely only on a chart plotter your a fool, my opinion is based on 8 atlantic crossings solo and four seasons in the caribbean the last one in2015 what your missing is if you need everything done for you with a chartplotter perhaps you need a bit more experiance, theres plenty of idiots sailing the caribbean that dont even know how to anchor
You completely %100 failed to answer my quesitons.. Nor did I ASK FOR ADVICE (the OP did)!

"what your missing is if you need everything done for you with a chartplotter perhaps you need a bit more experiance"

Where did you even get this idea from my above posts. Please please enlighten me.. Seriously.. I asked a question about a particular piece of software and that was your answer. You attacked my ability to sail and navigate?

I will absolutely defer to your sailing experience IF what you posted is true (I have no way to verify that). However all that experience and alone time seems to have removed your ability to properly interact with other humans in an open forum.

So I will ask again.. I would love to hear why that system is better than what is already on the market (other than you used it and you like it). What features set it above OpenCPN, PolarView, Nimble? Please feel free to answer the question I asked. If you want to insult me or give some strange off topic answer, go ahead, I have thick skin and like to laugh!
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 08:02   #17

Boat: Beneteau 44cc
Re: Best digital charts for the Caribbean?

Transas marine charts. Iv used as a backup not bad at all for the price. search Transas isailor
cajucito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, charts, rib