Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 21:39   #1

Boat: 1969 30 Mariner Sedan Cruiser
Modern Anchor

Here is a link to the best discussion of modern anchors I have found on the net. I thought I would share it with you. I'll warn you its a long read but well worthwhile and it helped me decide which way I am going. I was going Rocna, then Sarca, and now back to Rocna. I found the most persuasive voice in this long thread to be "Mac" who doesn't come in till page two or three, something like that.

Read, enjoy, learn, and if you have an experienced opinion, educate us as you respond to this thread:

http://pearsonariel.org/discussion/s...ead.php?t=1295
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 15:03   #2

Boat: Privilege 37
EXCELLANT read! Thanks RSN!

It saved a me a lot of questions.

Cheers,

Keith
Strygaldwir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 23:54   #3
Marine Service Provider

I think 'Mac' must be a wonderful good looking with that sexy yet ruff edges thing going on sort of a bloke :-) :-) who appreciates the comments made above.

Just a rough guess :-)
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 00:25   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I think the description is "windswept a rugged good looks" Mac.;-)

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 22:26   #5
Marine Service Provider

Oh... 'windswept and rugged'
I think he would like that and probably a lot better than 'well used'
Old 03-07-2006, 22:33   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Of course, I'd be careful about making comments about guy's like that Gmac, "wonderful and good looking" , remember, we're real Kiwi blokes.
Us Kiwi blokes are tuff blokes. I'm so tuff, when I go to the beach, I kick sand in my own face.

Old 03-07-2006, 22:41   #7
Marine Service Provider

Very good point there Wheels, much more of the 'wonderful' and someones passport may change to have a Spring Load Rat from the West Island (kangaroo) on it Promise to tidy act up and do better next time.

I'm so tuff I can shoot myself in the head with a speargun. Sadly true but it it it it didn't do do do do do any dammmaggeeeee, I'm shore .

For children watching at home please don't try this yourself, its bloody silly and hurts.
Old 03-07-2006, 23:57   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Ummmm, HOW!?!?!! the?!? I'm speechless!
OK, so we have to hear this one.
You wern't trying to win a Darwin Award were you???

Old 04-07-2006, 01:12   #9
Marine Service Provider

Not a Darwin Award but it does have an Aussie connection

Long story short.

Mototapu is a 1 arce sized island on the outer reef of Bora Bora. 1 lady of Australian origin. 1 good kiwi lad looking for a s**g as they all are, demonstrating how to load speargun and being smartarse. Just as the kiwi boy was saying "always load while fully under or out of the water never 1/2 in like I am now" it went bad. Spear bounced off very thick skull but peeled skin and flesh back to bone down one side of head. Kiwi boy thinking something is not good, Aussie girl somewhat stressed but both stuck on island as kiwi boy thought 'if crew drops us off and comes back later we have no dingbat so stuck on island with girl and wine, so what can we do" (very one track mind). Aussie girl has to rip up her clothes to make bandage, (boy likes the view). Flag down passing boatie and gets lift ashore. Tries to explian to french only speaking doctor what happens, not easy. Outcome needles, bandages and funny bare patch on side of head which gets commented on with ever haircut. Good kiwi boy has to wait 3 more days for desired outcome with Aussie girl. All was and now is good.

Moral of story - Kiwi boys should not be thinking of shagging Aussie girls while loading spearguns.

Lesson learnt 1 - When people say don't load spearguns when only 1/2 submerged you had better believe them, they are right.

Lesson learnt 2 - the Hotel Oha Oha on Bora Bora makes better painkillers than french Doctors.

Lesson learnt 3 - there are a lot easier ways to get Aussie girls naked than being a dickhead with a speargun. A few bottles of cheap plonk and the classic line "get ya gear off darlin" is now prefered choice and has been found to be a lot safer, generally.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:56   #10

See what happens when you Kiwi fellers leave the FLOCK,Aussie sheilers are deffinately not the Baaaaad thing ya use to!I herd that the best anchor for Kiwis is a pair of gumboots,leg room for two and a cliff edge,but thats only a rumour,"Isn't it??",One thing is for sure,I dont know how to tell an ugly bloke from a wonderfull and goodlooking one.Hope I never aquire that knowledge.Hee Hee Hee.Mudnut.
mudnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 23:25   #11
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudnut
See what happens when you Kiwi fellers leave the FLOCK,Aussie sheilers are deffinately not the Baaaaad thing ya use to!I herd that the best anchor for Kiwis is a pair of gumboots,leg room for two and a cliff edge
Can subsitute a barbed wire fence if no cliffs around.

Quote:
,but thats only a rumour,"Isn't it??",
In parts of Taranaki and most of the South Island, probably not

Quote:
One thing is for sure,I dont know how to tell an ugly bloke from a wonderfull and goodlooking one.Hope I never aquire that knowledge.Hee Hee Hee.Mudnut.
Not that a kiwi would ever try to wind up an Aussie but how are Aussie Dads going to explain to their kids how the Wallabies got beaten by a bunch of blokes with handbags this weekend. Funny advert all the same especially the Aussie scoring a try, what a novel event

Is this called 'thread drift'?
Old 04-07-2006, 23:37   #12

Hey GMac,It isn't going to happen that way,well,not if we check for bricks in the handbags at the ternstiles.
mudnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 23:53   #13
Marine Service Provider

Cellphones not bricks, and it is going to happen with or without handbags :-)
Old 05-07-2006, 00:01   #14
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

That add could go wrong, very wrong. How are you Auzies going to live down being beat by a bunch of guy's wearing handbags

Tags
anchor