Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 17:35   #61
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 50
Re: Mantus Dinghy Anchor

I sell Mantus Anchors on the side (I have a day job).

I'm willing to do a group buy. I'm located in the USA so that pretty much limits the group buy to the US.

The end discount will depend on the quantity of anchors. And not wanting to run afoul of any CF rules let's not quote any prices online.

So if you are interested in picking up a Mantus anchor at a group rate discount please PM me with what you would like to buy. I'll compile a list and set up a buy and let you all know the cost (anchor + shipping - discount). Then with your OK will make a single buy and ship them out to you.

So PM me what size, type, (and how many!) you want.

Regards, Ethan
evm1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:39   #62
Marine Service Provider

I have created a thread in the commercial section to track the status of the group buy. It really is just to keep us informed of where we are at (and not to post in really).

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Mantus (Dinghy) Anchor group buy (USA) status - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Old 08-05-2018, 11:47   #63
Marine Service Provider

Dinghy anchor options:

galvanized dinghy anchor
galvanized dinghy anchor kit

stainless steel dinghy anchor
stainless steel dinghy anchor kit

The kits include the storage bag, rode and such. Otherwise it is just an anchor.
Old 08-05-2018, 15:23   #64

Boat: Cheoy Lee Pedrick 41' 1986

Just so everyone is aware Mantus is out of SS anchor kits until the end of May. Not sure about gal.
Captain Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 15:34   #65
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Randy View Post
Just so everyone is aware Mantus is out of SS anchor kits until the end of May. Not sure about gal.
I was talking with Greg the other day....

Not a problem for us. I expect that there will be stock by the time we are ready to order.
Old 08-05-2018, 16:05   #66

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

We have been using the Mantus 2.5 lbs Dinghy Anchor without the roll bar for 2 years now.

It always sets the first time and sets HARD.

It’s a SAWEEEeeeeet Dinghy Anchor for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	169449  
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:18   #67

Location: The boat - New Bern, NC, USA; Us - Kingsport, TN, USA
Boat: 1988 Pacific Seacraft 34

I have one of the first commercial batch of the galvanized dinghy anchors (no roll bar). It is a great anchor, no doubt about that. However, especially if dropped in shallow water there is some chance that it will land upside down. In that case it will not roll over and will not bite into the bottom. It most frequently happens when the anchor is dropped as a stern anchor while approaching a dock or wall; not often, maybe one time in ten. The only cure it to retrieve the anchor and try again. In deeper water the anchor tends to sink bottom side down, and I have never experienced the problem in water more than a few feet deep.
wsmurdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:09   #68

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Mine came with a rubber tip for the end, maybe 40 feet of nice rode, and a roll top storage bag.
Mine did too. And I have never used chain, and it stayed set using it almost daily for two months in 2016. That said, I didn't short change it on the scope.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:34   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
At 2 lb what size dinghy are they for?
The blurb on their website does not say, they forgot to put in a number.

I'm guessing if its a kayak or dinghy anchor its a bloody small dinghy.
I have been using the stainless steel 2lb Mantus dinghy anchor now for 2years in saltwater without any issues. I used it as my primary anchor on an M17 (1800 lbs) when daysailing in up to 25 of winds in good holding bottom off central nj, again with no issues . I regularly rinsed it with freshwater and have all the ',connection points' a squirt of on blaster weekly, no rust or corrosion. I'll buy the 8 over next, excellent design and fantastic customer service from the whole Mantus team.
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:02   #70

Once you have used a Mantus dinghy anchor, you will be upgrading your primary to a Mantus. After 45 years of sailing and using all of the various types of anchors, the Mantus design made me a believer in modern anchor design. The Mantus sets reliably and has never pulled out or dragged on me in use. Typing on tablet so excuse the typos in my posts. Been I'll so ahoy to my c.f. Friends here.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:27   #71

[QUOTE=Captain Randy;2621698]I am thinking to go ahead and get the stainless breakdown model. Is there any discount available that any one know of that can help with the cost of this model?
Thanks[/QUOTE. It's an excellent value at full price, and I can't recall the last time I said that about any product! If buying this size anchor at full price is going to strain your budget, then I'll you should not own a boat. It took aplenty of time, money and engineering for Mantus Anchors to bring their product to market, so why be so cheap when buying a proven product? It's not as if you're beta testing it for them! Pay full price and keep Mantus Anchors in business by allowing them to pay their employees, suppliers and advertising costs, otherwise get an inferior anchor 'for cheap' and risk your investment!
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:08   #72
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
I am thinking to go ahead and get the stainless breakdown model. Is there any discount available that any one know of that can help with the cost of this model?
Thanks
We are doing a group buy and there will be a discount - we just do not know how much of a discount.

The dinghy options are:

anchor only - galvanized
anchor only - Stainless
Anchor kit - galvanized - rode bag etc
Anchor kit - Stainless - rode bag etc

It may be possible to slip in a "full size" anchor in the group buy. Shall I put you down for a 45 # stainless anchor (just kidding....)?

Anyway PM me to get on the list - And check out the status page in the commercial section.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2628698
Old 22-05-2018, 14:10   #73

Boat: Cheoy Lee Pedrick 41' 1986

[QUOTE=Clamdigger;2629871]
Quote:
I am thinking to go ahead and get the stainless breakdown model. Is there any discount available that any one know of that can help with the cost of this model?
Thanks[/QUOTE. It's an excellent value at full price, and I can't recall the last time I said that about any product! If buying this size anchor at full price is going to strain your budget, then I'll you should not own a boat. It took aplenty of time, money and engineering for Mantus Anchors to bring their product to market, so why be so cheap when buying a proven product? It's not as if you're beta testing it for them! Pay full price and keep Mantus Anchors in business by allowing them to pay their employees, suppliers and advertising costs, otherwise get an inferior anchor 'for cheap' and risk your investment!
Wow Clamdig...that has got to be one of the lamest responses I have seen on this thread. What, do you own Mantus? I am a huge fan of Mantus products. There is nothing at all wrong with trying to get a deal on any boat part as the money we all pour into our boats is significant. $200 bucks for a mini anchor is a ton of money and according to you and others well worth it. So here is the good news. I did in fact purchase the stainless anchor with kit and at the full price. Not because I thought it was such a deal regardless of price, nor to help keep the doors open nor assist to insure they could make payroll. I take delivery on my new dinghy and motor this week and will need an anchor sooner that I was willing to wait for a group buy.

You really should get off your perch
Captain Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 15:21   #74

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

[QUOTE=Captain Randy;2637055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
Wow Clamdig...that has got to be one of the lamest responses I have seen on this thread. What, do you own Mantus? I am a huge fan of Mantus products. There is nothing at all wrong with trying to get a deal on any boat part as the money we all pour into our boats is significant. $200 bucks for a mini anchor is a ton of money and according to you and others well worth it. So here is the good news. I did in fact purchase the stainless anchor with kit and at the full price. Not because I thought it was such a deal regardless of price, nor to help keep the doors open nor assist to insure they could make payroll. I take delivery on my new dinghy and motor this week and will need an anchor sooner that I was willing to wait for a group buy.

You really should get off your perch

Clamdig...sounds like a marketing major with a new degree, and a first job. Totally uncalled for in my own opinion.
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 10:52   #75
Marine Service Provider

This is the last call for the Mantus Dinghy Anchor group buy. I'll be ordering (most likely) Monday 4 June. If you want any other Mantus anchor we can put that in the group buy too.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2628698

Tags
anchor, dinghy, Mantus