thanks for the tip... but just now i encountered another problem with my 1501 -- more serious than a rusted motor housing:
while trying out the windlass
(hooked up only to house bank battery
, with engine
NOT running), the motor at first operated normally, but before finishing pulling 30 ft of chain or so, the motor stopped working and became very hot. the heat also melted the perko switch, which no longer conducts current
question: (1) what happened? (2) would the motor be burned & now destroyed beyond repair
? -- i hope not... the 1501 motor is supposed to be overload-proof, etc, right? (3) what may have caused it to happen?