Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2020, 13:04   #1

Boat: Southern Cross 28
Lewmar Windlass Torsion Spring

Recently found that the torsion spring in my Lewmar V1 windlass was broken.
Apparently this spring keeps tension on the rode as it retrieved.
I have contacted Lewmar repeatedly and can't get any answer except they sell a V1 windlass repair kit, which costs anywhere from $65 - $90 depending on the vendor. The kit has all kinds of parts I don't need to replace. I just want to replace this one little spring. I suspect the spring is worth about $5.
I've checked all kinds of online spring vendors but so far no luck finding one of these. Some of the spring places will fabricate a spring for you but that is also big money.
So just wondering if anyone else has been down this road and found a place to get this little spring for reasonable money.
Thanks.
sclendenin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lewmar, wind, windlass