Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 10:42   #46

Boat: Slocum 43
Re: Anchor Alarms

Ok, I gave up on the string method... the three stooges came to mind.

I did buy a new systems from Amazon / Silent call. It's basically a watch I wear at night and it receives a message when a sensor detects sound (I set the threshold). The watch vibrates and wakes me.

So, this system is battery operated and small. I can set the sensor next to the GPS and when and IF an alarm sounds, I'll be woken via vibration. This would apply to other LOUD sounds as well.

Dual purpose is that I'll use it at home to alert me if a smoke detector activates or other LOUD events. I can also buy separate transmitters for phone, C02, door bell, etc, etc.

Not cheap but I think it will do the trick.
Pirate999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor