Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2018, 07:23   #46

Boat: 2019 Fountaine Pajot Saba 50'
Re: Thoughts on Current 25~30HP Outboard Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
I like long warranties but really seldom think it's long because there will be reliability issues. It's more a perceived value to the customer...

...The real issue as you say is being able to service them and get parts quickly.
I agree and perceive the 10 year warranty as a positive (and a convincing marketing tool when comparing competitive offerings.) This is especially relevant as I don't see a disproportionate number of service related complaints.

I'm also taking into account that Palarran's problem might have been easily resolved had access to a factory service been available. I'm still on the fence, but assuming I can confirm access to factory service in the BVIs, I don't think this will disqualify the E-TEK, especially as I'm not convinced the Suzuki CDI ignition and battery-less EFI make it any more serviceable by non-factory mechanics.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current, outboard