Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2019, 11:31   #61

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058
Re: The bottom line on inflatable dinghies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfl View Post
Many of the threads on selecting a dinghy have comments (some by me) asking for more details about how the dinghy will be used.

Will you be using it to carry jerry cans of water/fuel to the boat on a ball, will you be exploring places a mile, or two, or five miles away from where your boat is anchored; will you be carrying diving gear, will you be hauling it up on a beach, will folks in the dinghy be able to easily get back in if they fall out of the dinghy. What combination of these, and other factors, will a dinghy have to meet.

I like my Achilles for what I will call heavy duty work; but I also just got a Takacat for ease of entry when diving and light weight and easy storage. Very different boats for very different things.

With more information about your intended use it will be easier to advise you.
If I said- YES- I want something to carry jerry cans, beaching, etc. what recommendations do you have for type and accessories?
GreenWave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inflatable