Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2019, 10:02   #1

Tabs for a small RIB

I have an AB 11' rib with a 40hp and console, not sure about the weight but it does struggle a lot to plane. It's a new to me boat and came with dolphins so I don't know it things get worse if I remove them. I see that Bennett and another company call Nauticus have self adjusting trim tabs. I always been a big fan of Bennett but never heard of nauticus but it does seem that they have very good reviews of their products.

My goal is just to get rid of the plane as much as I can, boat list to one side due to weight but i know this won't solve that issue and i can deal with that since is not really that pronounced, the plane is.

With is better or which would work the best, I do like Bennett set because it looks robust and it looks like it should last forever. I do see some people complaining that the nauticus shocks fake after a while, at least I read a few of them.

One thing I do like about them is that they sell a kit to easily retract the tabs for bea hinges or for dry storage and it looks like Bennett you would have to push up by hand the tab and insert a pin, not sure how hard is it or if is more of a hassle.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Wellcraft26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rib