Had the rubrails peal off my old Avon
. Called a dinghy
repair shop and they wanted a few hundred just for a replacement, non PVC rail. I decided to reattach my old one. It had lasted 15 years and figured if a good repair gave me another 5-10 that would be the life of the dinghy.
Did a lot of research
on what adhesives to use, including calls to the tech support managers of the makers of products that sounded promising. For various reasons I decided to try a new product from Marine-Tex that is more flexible and is compatible with PVC and hypalon. Order a bunch of the kits at $17 each which got me about half the rail so decided to try 3M 5200 on the other half which a LOT of CF members said they had used. So a year or so later, both sides are holding perfectly. Considering the cost I would go with 5200 all the way if I had to do it again.