Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2012, 14:06   #1
CLOD

Boat: none
outboard carburetor

My outboard is running as good as it ever has but, is leaking gas from the carburetor. I though it was from the needle valve and have replaced the o-ring for that as well as the bowl o-ring. Unfortunately I can not see the darn thing once I put it back on the engine so don't really know where the leak is.

When I put it together after replacing the o-rings I realized I did not note the position of the bowl in relation to the float when I took it apart, so maybe I put this on wrong and it is just flooding the bowl.

On the bowl there is a lower bump out section, is that suppose to be lined up with the hinged side of the float or the "free" side of the float?
Old 30-04-2012, 14:29   #2

Boat: g-cat 5. m
Re: outboard carburetor

don looking in to the bowl the deep side would be where the float comes down to let fuel in the shallow side will be the float pivits. If bowl was on wrong it would not flood, possibly starve off fuel from float not dropping down all the way. no crack in rubber fuel lines that could be leaking?
courageous cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outboard