Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2018, 23:37   #1

Boat: John Traylor - Cutter Rigged Sloop - 65'
Mariner Princess Propane Stove

Greetings! Mariner Princess is no longer in business and our stove needs some adjusting or fixing. Top burners will not light. One burner started to fail before the other one but both have now bit the dust. I don't want to install a new one as I just need to understand these systems so I can trouble shoot it. I have the manual but it's no where near the detail that I need.

I'll start with a cleaning of the area beneath the stove top and check for anything loose.

Propane is getting to the burners per the smell. As time went on...the burners became more difficult to light and to keep lit. I'm unsure if I'm getting enough of or have spark.

Is there anyone else that is an expert on these propane stoves or can give me direction and a place to start?

Mahalo & Aloha!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9013.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	163968

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mariner Princess label.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	163969
MoonlightSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:01   #2

Boat: Farr Phase 4, 12.8m
Re: Mariner Princess Propane Stove

OK, can you light it with a match? Hold the burner knob in...
If that works, the gas is ok. If it doesn't usually the issue is rust in the burner. Take the black top of the burner and clean out any crap in there.
Generally a good clean of the temp sensor and burner, plus wiring connectors gets them going again....
Good luck, these are a great, good quality stove. Unfortunately the original maker has retired and sold the business, and I understand that all the spares went to the tip.... :-(
Old 12-02-2018, 10:39   #3

Thanks Neptune...Hopefully I'll return here with some good news.

BTW...you have a URL in your signature that is not working. What biz are you in?
Old 06-11-2019, 22:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightSailor View Post
Greetings! Mariner Princess is no longer in business and our stove needs some adjusting or fixing. Top burners will not light. One burner started to fail before the other one but both have now bit the dust. I don't want to install a new one as I just need to understand these systems so I can trouble shoot it. I have the manual but it's no where near the detail that I need.

I'll start with a cleaning of the area beneath the stove top and check for anything loose.

Propane is getting to the burners per the smell. As time went on...the burners became more difficult to light and to keep lit. I'm unsure if I'm getting enough of or have spark.

Is there anyone else that is an expert on these propane stoves or can give me direction and a place to start?

Mahalo & Aloha!

Attachment 163968

Attachment 163969
Was wondering how you got on after a these years, I also have one that doing same issue.
WERABLE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:34   #5

I have not tackled this yet....

...It's on the back burner right now...

Tags
marine, stove, propane